Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 08:42 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times

Advertisements

My nephew's wife totes one of those little Sig 9mm pistols. She really likes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 10:00 PM

424 posts, read 580,635 times
Our household consist of:
S&W M&P 9mm
Kel-Tec PF9
S&W Chief Special CS45
S&W Lady Smith 38sp/357

Now I have what I would consider small hands. My little finger rest on the bottom of the extended magazine(not under the magazine) on the S&W M&P . For CCW I rank them as S&W M&P, Kel-Tec PF9. For open carry (out in the boonies) I carry the S&W CS45. I bought the Lady Smith for the wife when she had her CCW in Oregon. If she gets her CCW here I will get her a S&W M&P in 9mm. Problem with the Lady Smith is it is only 5 rounds. She likes to shoot it but prefers the semi-autos now. I have no problems with any of them, neither does the wife. As a matter of fact she really likes the CS45 but it would not work as a concealed carry. I would like to get a 1911 style 45 for shooting at 50 yrds, heck I'll even settle for a Glock but would prefer the S&W, then again a revolver would be Ok. Of course if I get another firearm for 50yrd shooting I know I will have to share it with the wife.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:40 PM

17,578 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Although I am still having failure to feed issues on my gun * that Springfield is working on, take a look at the XDS 9mm. When working it feels, carries and shoots great!

(*We think that it is a spring issue on my pistol that will go back to Mfr)

Old 12-29-2015, 10:52 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Revolvers are by far the most reliable but in my practical experience a .38 revolver has way too much recoil for a small woman. If you are stuck on a 9mm, I would recommend a Glock 19 (compact), which I own, Glock 26 (subcompact) or the new Glock 43 (also subcompact).
I'd recommend the Glock 19 as well.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:27 PM

17,578 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
I'd recommend the Glock 19 as well.
That's my carry gun. Always goes boom when trigger pulled.

I would recommend Gen 4 with no added backstrap for small hands.

MrsM carries a Sig P238 (380) but has no problem at all with my G19, very manageable and accurate with minimil recoil. She hates my G22 Gen 4 (40), too big too much snap.

When my XDS 9mm gets fixed, one of us will carry it. Probably MrsM and I'll carry when clothing prohibits won't work with my G19 (or, it will be my 2nd carry piece.)

I really hope she switches to the XDS. She has severe arthritis in her hands and has had 2 thumb reconstructions and cannot break down any of our guns. Cleaning that P238 is a beach! Worse than my Ruger 1911

Old 12-31-2015, 02:53 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
I'm another Glock fan. If the 19 fits it would be the top choice in my book.

My 21SF .45 is utterly stone reliable- just grab and shoot. No fuss, no muss. It has never jammed (well over 3,000 rounds) and super easy to strip and clean. I bought mine from a retired LO that was licensed by Glock to resale turned in LO issue Glocks (I bought a new one for less than $350 about 8 years ago from him). He went out back beside his outbuilding, chucked his against the wall, ran it through a mud puddle (with is boot).. He banged the Glock barrel down a few times really hard, slapped a mag in and emptied her on target.

*Sold!!*

It's a tad big for CC, but it stays with me in the camper and bedside (along with a 12ga pump- my primary home defense weapon). If I'm in Griz country I carry my Super Blackhawk .44mag..

Great guns. You either love 'em or hate 'em. (But it's really hard to hate a firearm that simply 'works' that well, IMHO)

Old 01-04-2016, 10:14 PM

8 posts, read 5,929 times
I just typed a crazy long post and lost it.

The short version:

SIG SP2022 - One of the best values in a DA/SA configuration IMO. Great nightstand gun. Love me some sig night sights.

FNS 9c - Converted me to the striker fired pistol. Love everything about it. Great carry pistol with the flush or extended 12 round mag. The full size 17 rounder makes it a full size gun. Pistol comes with all 3 btw (take note all you other manufacturers). DAO. Love it love it love it.

I see some mentions of the P938. Love it for deep concealment. Wouldn't be my first pic for someone new to firearms. Cocked and locked takes some time. Might just be me.

Pick up an FNS 9c or watch for a killer price on the SigPro. You will be happy with either.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:20 PM

424 posts, read 580,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeymaker View Post
I just typed a crazy long post and lost it.
Have had that problem before. Took me a couple of times of pulling my hair out before I fixed the problem by composing it using a word processor then copy and past into the post.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:32 PM

92 posts, read 116,479 times
I love love love love my Shield. I bought the 40 but it comes in both so whichever you are most comfortable with!

Old 01-05-2016, 05:44 AM

8 posts, read 5,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed42 View Post
Have had that problem before. Took me a couple of times of pulling my hair out before I fixed the problem by composing it using a word processor then copy and past into the post.
I was posting from my iPhone. I swiped a little too hard and it took me back a page. Argh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting