Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 11:33 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,467 times

Advertisements

Any body know any info on this gun.....seems to be priced quite low compared to some others in the Polymer catagory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 12:20 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Any body know any info on this gun.....seems to be priced quite low compared to some others in the Polymer catagory.
No experience with that particular model, but it's based on the CZ-75 which has an excellent reputation.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:04 PM

469 posts, read 576,867 times
I just bought a Tanfoglio Witness 9mm polymer over the weekend at the local gun show. I put about 50 rounds through it yesterday and was very, very impressed. Accurate right out of the box, hardly any recoil whatsoever. Fit and finish on it are outstanding. I paid 269.99 for mine brand new and I kind of feel like I robbed the guy. Highly recommend it.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:19 PM

149 posts, read 185,632 times
I have the bigger brother, the EAA Witness, Poly C. It is a Compact Poly in 45acp. I have had it for 4+ years and it has been a stellar firearm. I have many handguns, but that Witness always seems to get a little trip out whenever I go to the range, no matter what others I drag along.
These guns are manufactured by Tanfoglio out of Italy. They are not new to the firearms industry.

The Pavona is a GREAT handgun. Don't get all blown away by the next statement, but it is true:
The Pavona is a nice 9mm, and is geared for ease of ability when racking the slide. This makes it very appealing to many woman, and older folks with hand strength issues. I know guys that shoot them as well. Women seem to be very surprised when they find how easy the slide is to rack. There is nothing worse than trying to have your Wife, Significant other, or even Daughter manipulate the slide on quite a few of the "other" semi's out there.

I would say, do not let the low price point scare you, the reputation is there. This firearm is more than a serviceable pistol.
Besides, a handgun that can't be manipulated just becomes a real problem for the person holding it when needed.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:45 PM

The above post is dead on. I've since fired about 200 more rounds through mine and it's flawless. It's damn near perfect accurate, and smooth as can be. In regards to the recoil, well...there is hardly any. Funny thing, as I said above, I bought this gun at a gun show earlier this year, I had promised my better half a handgun of her own for her birthday later this year, but she actually wants the Witness, told me to forget about getting her a new one lol. Make no mistake though, this gun means business, it just does it with a very comfortable efficiency.

Last edited by wvtraveler; 02-26-2016 at 09:07 PM..

Old 02-27-2016, 01:16 PM

149 posts, read 185,632 times
wvtraveler,
I'm glad to hear of your experience with your Witness. I was at my LGS a month or so ago and they had a full size Poly Witness in 9mm. I kept handling that handgun, and was just wishing someone would come in and buy before each trip I was there. I certainly didn't need another gun, but the price was right, and I know of the experience I had with my other Witness, but I certainly didn't need another 9mm as I have a couple already. Well I went back in there a little while later and it was gone. I was joking with the guys in there and they said no problem, it was always a different one I was looking at as they were selling that particular handgun quite easily, AND that they would get me one if I wanted it!! Oh, GREAT... just what I need even more temptation.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:29 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
I just bought a Tanfoglio Witness 9mm polymer over the weekend at the local gun show. I put about 50 rounds through it yesterday and was very, very impressed. Accurate right out of the box, hardly any recoil whatsoever. Fit and finish on it are outstanding. I paid 269.99 for mine brand new and I kind of feel like I robbed the guy. Highly recommend it.
What color did you get? The lavender looks cute.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
What color did you get? The lavender looks cute.
It's black.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:30 PM

643 posts, read 471,753 times
I have never shot one but I have always been fans of bang for the buck. My biggest pet peeve is the Rohrbough pistol that Rem just bought and is selling now for 350. It was I think around 1k and I I said it was so over priced it was ridiculous. You had to change the recoil spring every 200 rounds and it barked in the hand like a wild cat because it was so small. If you gave me one I would have sold it and bought a Walther. That said I can remember a gun shop owner telling me when I bought a Walther PPK Interamrs at Wally world with my wifes 10 percent discount back in thhe 80s for 389, to by the Tanfogilo 380 for 119 at the time. I went for the Walther PPK. Do a look up on line and keep in mind if there was a gun made of pure gold for 2 bucks someone would talk crap about it. I have argued to no avail of how good the Taurus PT92 is and the Smith SD9ve and some will call them garbage. I own both a Beretta 92 and Taurus 92 and many 9s including a glock, M&P and others along with the SD9. For the money they are very hard to beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting