Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 05:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The gun laws in America are a patchwork of state and local laws along with Federal law where its legal to own an AR15 or AK in one state but not in all counties or in one state but not another. Mags are the same. All one has to do is look at the disclaimer on the mag and gun sales web sites for a list of where they will not ship a gun. If the Clinton gun law or 94 crime bill did not have a sun down provision in it, I highly doubt there would have ever been the right combination of president and congress to over turn it. We would most likely still have that law. Its not really a clear cut on who is going to be the next pres. I don't think the house will turn Dem this election but that said, If the Hildabeast gets in I would not be surprised if she pushes the executive order thing past what even Obama has done on guns.

If she did she would most likely also put forward a much more liberal SCJ to take the place of A.S. who died this past bit. Tipping the court could also make for some revisions of settled law like the idea that the second amendment is an individual right not a collective one. I think this is why gun sales are so high right now.

if you look at the Bill of Rights as it is, it does not give rights to anyone. it tells the government what they can or cannot do. all the rights listed telling the government what they can or cannot do, the people and individuals already have these rights, and the BoR does nothing more than say what the government can or cannot do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
If Hillary is elected I foresee ongoing attempts to ban and confiscate most firearms. They have so stated.

I forsee most complying and later on quietly lining up at the gas chambers.

A few of us will go down fighting for the last vestiages of freedom.

if hilary is elected, then I think that some states might just try and do without the feds altogether or at least become politically separate from the fedgov.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:10 AM

643 posts, read 471,823 times
One thing I will bet the farm on, if Hillary the hildabeast is elected, I would bet there will be a run on guns and ammo. It would be a good idea to buy up and fill any holes now.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:40 AM

806 posts, read 877,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if hilary is elected, then I think that some states might just try and do without the feds altogether or at least become politically separate from the fedgov.

Impossible to accomplish .

Old 04-24-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Impossible to accomplish .

nothing is impossible. maybe improbable, but not impossible.

also, lots of states have already passed bills saying that they will not follow any executive orders concerning firearms.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:18 AM

806 posts, read 877,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
nothing is impossible. maybe improbable, but not impossible.

also, lots of states have already passed bills saying that they will not follow any executive orders concerning firearms.
No state is going to give up the Federal funding it receives for highway construction , schools , grants for public works projects , and the list goes on and on . The Federal government has become too much a part of everyone's lives in ways most people cannot even imagine . To remove that relationship is impossible .

Old 04-24-2016, 08:24 PM

391 posts, read 290,417 times
I believe we will. I'm not one of those people who ever believed it before, but I see it coming now. HC gets in office, her party gets House/senate and then she gets another S court justic pick, on top of the one she has already.

That, my friend, can be the future within five years. I'm not the paranoid type. I'm not anti-dem either. Matter of fact, I'm happy Obama gave us rights to carry in National parks and did no more than boost gun stock prices. His focus was healthcare.

I'm stocking up now on what I want, HC has the boiler on gun control. She sleeps with the original designer of a gun control bill!!!!

Purchase what you need now and get it over with.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:31 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Default What is the best pocket gun you would recommend?

Sorry, this was supposed to be a new topic.

On to the original topic, if Hillary gets elected then we can bet there will be gun and magazine bans.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:13 AM

643 posts, read 471,823 times
I see more gun regulations coming. I see a high probability of magazine bans and some restrictions on ARs and AKs. This said I have thought this was coming long ago and it has been fought off by a strong gun sentiment. But there seems to be a strong push now for banning guns. I hope to be surprised and we get no new gun laws. I highly doubt that no states will pass more restrictions on guns.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:33 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Hillary is pragmatic and motivated by politics, nothing else. She is not an ideologue with a set of issues. Basically she will tell anyone anything to get elected. She is carefully handled and packaged by professionals to meet this goal.

So what I am saying is, she is talking a big game now in the primaries about gun control. That is because she is trying to appeal to the far left extreme liberal democratic base and is given a run for her money by Sanders, who is extremely far left. Right now, she is not running for president, at least not totally, she is running to be the democratic candidate. Now, when she wins the primaries and is nominated, she will go more to the middle of the road since polls indicate most republicans and many mainstream democrats are against really restrictive gun control or, at least, for the status quo. So I suspect her rhetoric will be moderated. Note also her gun control remarks picked up with primaries in some of the northeastern states - traditionally liberal states with strong gun control laws. In Nevada she gives different speaches.

Likewise if or when elected she will be basing her platforms party on Democratic platforms but also continue to be professionally managed to base policy on the whims of public polls lest she lose the election again in 4 years.

The same could be said for Obama, who was more of an ideologue, but you can remember even he didn't really touch the issue of gun control either in his first 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting