Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 01:40 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
You are right, Sandy Hook panic was totally self fulfilled by the firearm community, but can you blame them? There was serious talks about bans and taxes. Couple of states succeeded.

No there weren't, not at the federal level anyway. Anyone who knew anything about the nature of politics knew that nothing was going to pass. There was zero chance. States are another matter.
Quote:
I know we don't know each other, I am some guy on my PC hundreds maybe thousands of miles away. But for what it is worth, I really suggest everyone assume there will be panic
"""Start panic buying before the panic buying starts""""

Too funny.
Quote:
. I am getting concerned about the ATF mostly, they are able to make rules outside of Congress, voters, judicial process etc.

223/556 is an armor piercing round
Certain ammo components must be regulated for safety

These are taking points that ATF officially made.
Now this I agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 01:42 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Regarding the bolded:

Any rifle round is "armor piercing" - the .223/5.56 is one of the weakest. My 100 year old .30-30 Winchester deer rifle is more "powerful" than a .223/5.56.
Yeah but when could we ever depend on the government to use things like common sense, logic, or reason?

Old 09-20-2016, 05:10 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
All I'm saying is, you help to create the problem you are preparing for.

I have enough ammo right now that if the SHTF and the world as we know it ended, I'd have enough for some time to defend what's mine. I will also have enough ammo to practice and plink around with to get me through any short-term ( 2-3 years ) shortages, and I accumulated it slowly over the years. When everyone was scrambling to pay $80-$100 a brick for .22 three years ago, I was still shooting for $.02 a round. Haven't bought .22lr in a LONG time, and still have plenty. I'd go to my local shop and buy a brick every paycheck when it was still $20.

I have enough for me.

Been buying for about 40-years. My cost-averaging has been very good!
I too, have enough for me.

Last edited by volosong; 09-20-2016 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: fixed closed quote hypertag

Old 09-20-2016, 08:52 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post

Same here.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:21 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,044,709 times
Quote:
As someone who has been in the firearm world for that long, please comment on this,

There is an explosive increase in the percentage of Americans who are extremely anti-gun(no ARs,AKs, high capacity mags etc to outright firearm ban). This is something I believe is happening and for some reason troubles me. I believe in a few decades the amount of completely anti gunners will be over 50%. It is a trend that is happening for many reasons but primarily increase in urbanization, increase immigration from areas with no firearm culture and straight up feminization of men.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:50 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
You could be right for the liberal states, but then again some states will remain free.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:21 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
As someone who has been in the firearm world for that long, please comment on this,

There is an explosive increase in the percentage of Americans who are extremely anti-gun(no ARs,AKs, high capacity mags etc to outright firearm ban). This is something I believe is happening and for some reason troubles me. I believe in a few decades the amount of completely anti gunners will be over 50%. It is a trend that is happening for many reasons but primarily increase in urbanization, increase immigration from areas with no firearm culture and straight up feminization of men.
Sorry for the delayed response.
That's an old prediction, and may well come true. I won't be here, so the fight will have to be continued by others.
That's what the Left is patiently waiting for.
Any attempt to move the date up will result in bloodshed, and they know it.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:43 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Any attempt to move the date up will result in bloodshed, and they know it.

Kinda mirrors the slow banishment of cigs. make a change, wait 5 years. Make another change, and before you know it an entire generation has passes that has never experienced what it's like to smoke on an airplane.

Old 10-12-2016, 12:53 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Kinda mirrors the slow banishment of cigs. make a change, wait 5 years. Make another change, and before you know it an entire generation has passes that has never experienced what it's like to smoke on an airplane.
My sister, a teacher, and I were joking about how you used to be able to smoke in elevators, in line at the bank and in the movies. She remembered when she was younger smoking while teaching class.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:52 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Too early, and don't start the panic buying. That irrational behavior is what causes ammo prices to go up. Sometimes the gun owning community is it's own worst enemy.

A president is powerless with congress behind her - see how the congressional elections shape out. Even then, there are many pro-gun democratic politicians that will push back on any additional gun legislation. Also look to your state, wherever that may be. Seems most of the changing gun laws are at that level, woe to the poor gun owners in the northeast.
Yes! PLEASE, let's not create any more parts and other such crunches. For on e, let's just sit back, let the manufacturers ramp up in anticipation , and let the create a glut, instead of a shortage. Then WE can get some benefit from things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting