Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:13 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,890,140 times

Advertisements

My son found a place in Nevada to buy, and moved out of CA.
Now, I have no reason to ever go there again.
soon, his older brother will move from the Seattle area to Montana. While I still have relatives in WA, we have little contact, so I will not have much of a reason to go there again.
I can and will stick pretty close to home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 07:01 AM

12,864 posts, read 13,163,727 times
Quote:
Do you think Kalifornians will turn in their High cap mags?

No.

Look at the lack of compliance on the part of the Connecticut & NY AR owners after their state legislators passed those draconian anti-MSR laws. Even the Canadians scoffed at their liberal government's attempt to register their hardware and forced a repeal of the bad legislation.

Stupid politicians are just that.

Civil disobedience can work for gun owners too.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:05 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,854,279 times
So I have a question for you California residents....

I find myself in a quandary about moving back to California. I said "back" because I lived there many years ago, but now I've tasted "freedom" of true gun-ownership and I have collected a few new toys since, this issue alone is making me hesitating. But for sake of job & family it does not look like I have much of a choice. So here's my question....

The California State Law requires me to "register" all my firearms within 60 days of becoming a resident. What's your thoughts, and more importantly, your recommendation on what I should do. Please feel free to PM me if it's more comfortable for you.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:08 PM

7,453 posts, read 4,272,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post

I find myself in a quandary about moving back to California. I said "back" because I lived there many years ago, but now I've tasted "freedom" of true gun-ownership and I have collected a few new toys since, this issue alone is making me hesitating. But for sake of job & family it does not look like I have much of a choice. So here's my question....

The California State Law requires me to "register" all my firearms within 60 days of becoming a resident. What's your thoughts, and more importantly, your recommendation on what I should do. Please feel free to PM me if it's more comfortable for you.
Although I live in Arizona I know quite a few gun owners who have moved from California. California has a roster of guns that are legal to own in that state. You may have guns that are illegal to possess there. You should contact the California Department of Public Safety for more information before you register anything. It is quite possible that you might register something that is illegal in that state assuming that it is perfectly legal. Only to find law enforcement come knocking on your door.

I feel sorry for you if you have to move there. I hope that you have other options.

Old 07-13-2017, 06:56 PM

17,113 posts, read 56,733,078 times
Quote:

No problemo posting public. Don't move back to Cali, what, are you nuts? Get divorced, change jobs, do what you have to do.

Easy question. Very easy.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Although I live in Arizona I know quite a few gun owners who have moved from California. California has a roster of guns that are legal to own in that state. You may have guns that are illegal to possess there. You should contact the California Department of Public Safety for more information before you register anything. It is quite possible that you might register something that is illegal in that state assuming that it is perfectly legal. Only to find law enforcement come knocking on your door.

I feel sorry for you if you have to move there. I hope that you have other options.
Yes I know the CA DOJ laws. I just resent the fact that I need to get rid of my 10+ rounds magazines, put a "wrapper" on my AR-15 pistol grips, and will need to pay $50 for a permit just to purchase ammo. There are rifles that I will not be able to convert to not so scary "featureless" so I am facing either register them as "Assault Weapons " (I'd rather not) or leave them out of State (a preferred option but still resented having to do so).

Just FYI, you can bring in non-CA DOJ approved handguns, register them, and legally sell them in CA. For example; Glock Gen 4s, H&Ks, Shield 45, etc. I've been told for a much higher price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
No problemo posting public. Don't move back to Cali, what, are you nuts? Get divorced, change jobs, do what you have to do.

Easy question. Very easy.
LOL. I am afraid trading da wife in for a newer model is not an option. Besides, she allows me indulging in buying new toys.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:26 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,506,979 times
Quote:

I went to college in CA and my daughter and her family live in CA. There isn't a single reason I can think of to ever live there again. None. Zero. Draconian gun laws that only affect law abiding residents areq just one of the many reasons I would never live there again. My wife was born and raised there and she won't ever go back either.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:33 PM

17,113 posts, read 56,733,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I went to college in CA and my daughter and her family live in CA. There isn't a single reason I can think of to ever live there again. None. Zero. Draconian gun laws that only affect law abiding residents areq just one of the many reasons I would never live there again. My wife was born and raised there and she won't ever go back either.
Amen brah. Couldn't rep you again so soon.

Awhile back a headhunter tried to get me to even consider a job in Cali. I just said, "No, not interested". Headhunter said "But I haven't even said what it pays." I said "I already know." Him - "How much?" Me - "Not enough!"

Old 07-14-2017, 06:10 PM

OK guys, you want to chest pump all you want about how much in demand you are and they couldn't pay you enough to move that's fine. Sometimes in life we just gotta do what we gotta do.

How about if I get some practical advices from Californians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting