U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 07:32 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times

Advertisements

Gun maker Weatherby relocating from Paso Robles to Wyoming | The Tribune

Surprised it took this long. Thanks Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 07:41 PM

501 posts, read 241,884 times
California's loss is Wyoming's gain. Can't say I blame them for moving, we made the move ourselves not that long ago.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:50 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
California's loss is Wyoming's gain. Can't say I blame them for moving, we made the move ourselves not that long ago.
Save me a spot

Old 01-24-2018, 08:11 PM

9,189 posts, read 10,136,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Save me a spot
We have plenty of spots for good people. When my late wife and I moved here fifteen years ago from sad, broken Colorado, it didn't take long for us to realize that we'd finally come home.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:17 AM

4,112 posts, read 3,404,360 times
Well at least they didn't go out of business. Guns are very politically incorrect in California, so it would only make sense they would relocate where they are welcome.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:36 AM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Well at least they didn't go out of business. Guns are very politically incorrect in California, so it would only make sense they would relocate where they are welcome.

Truly. I often wonder why organizations like IPSC/USPSA and ICORE continue to hold matches at CA venues. My son and I used to compete there but refuse to do so anymore. We won't spend our money in host venue that hates us for our chosen sport.

Seems that CA has no trouble taking money and lots of it from shooting competitors. And at the last match we attended there the CHP staked out the range looking for reasons to pull competitors over and toss their rigs fishing for some violation or another in firearms transport regs and confiscate guns and gear and issue BS tickets with accompanying fines.

I firmly believe that all shooting sports organizations and manufacturers should bail out of CA for good. Why the aforementioned organizations haven't done so is a mystery to me. Good on Weatherby for this move. My son and I won't ever attend another shooting event in CA. Can't in good conscience spend our money so that the host venue can use the money to destroy our sport and the events to persecute us.

Harassing and financially slapping law abiding and honest competitors while gangs conduct drive bys with impunity. CA is far more than just misguided. They are downright unscrupulous in their efforts to destroy the shooting sports. Its really a shame as there are a lot of honest shooters who live there and it is a beautiful place to attend events. I will miss attending the ICORE championships at Moro Bay. And I'm sure that local businesses will miss our and a lot of other peoples money that we spend at such events.

I keep hoping beyond hope that the people of CA will get fed up with this political drivel and vote the current crop of politicians out in favor of more honest types. But until that happens I haven't lost a thing in CA.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:05 PM

4,118 posts, read 3,865,672 times
Enough politics. Please constrain the discussion to Weatherby and their move.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho and her sub-forums, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-26-2018, 01:03 PM

13,392 posts, read 42,724,996 times
Weatherby joins several high-end rifle makers in the Wyoming, Dakotas, Montana area.

Makes sense to me. If you are going to build rifles, you want to employ people who appreciate them, mostly but not entirely hunters. The Inter-Mountain West is such a place.

I am more of a Cooper guy when it comes to newly made high-end rifles. But I am really more of a Pre-64 Model 70, Winchester and Marlin lever gun, Steyr, CZ kind of guy.

But I ought to find room in my safe for a Wyoming Weatherby. Just because. I certainly wish them well.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:54 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Weatherby joins several high-end rifle makers in the Wyoming, Dakotas, Montana area.

Makes sense to me. If you are going to build rifles, you want to employ people who appreciate them, mostly but not entirely hunters. The Inter-Mountain West is such a place.

I am more of a Cooper guy when it comes to newly made high-end rifles. But I am really more of a Pre-64 Model 70, Winchester and Marlin lever gun, Steyr, CZ kind of guy.

But I ought to find room in my safe for a Wyoming Weatherby. Just because. I certainly wish them well.

I love my Marlin 94 Cowboy in 45 Colt. My SW mod 25-5 makes a dandy teammate for it to. Truly I do think Wyoming is a far better location for an outfit like Weatherby as well. Idaho, Montana the Dakotas and Wyoming seem like a Golden circle of top shelf firearms. Fine firearms and these states go together like hot wings and cold beer.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:10 PM

9,189 posts, read 10,136,018 times
OK, we have Weatherby, a nice little company. Now let's go after Smith & Wesson!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting