U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times

Advertisements

This horrible recent shooting has so many people screaming to ban the scary black guns that I am worried that this might just be the catalyst towards gun seizures.

In my state of MASS. we recently had bump stocks outlawed. The owner had a choice to turn in their bump stock to their local Police, it was not a buy back program so the owner gave up their property with no compensation OR after Feb1 you will face criminal prosecution.

I wonder how many held onto their bump stocks, thumbing their nose at an over reaching tyrannical gov. while risking arrest and no doubt confiscation of all their firearms if caught.

Who is to say that this won't happen again with the AR 15 and rifles like it.
What was legal yesterday is now banned not only to buy and sell but to possess.

I can't help but think if a ban, followed by so many days to turn in the guns or face seizure of "assault weapons" and criminal prosecution was to occur how many people would refuse to give up their guns.

If this does happen will you willingly give up your guns or will they have to arrest you and take them?

I am curious about how the good honest law abiding gun owner would handle this.

What would you do if the Police/ Feds came to confiscate your beloved AR?

Would you comply?
Would you hide the gun and hope they don't find it?
Would you stand ready with other gun owners to face down the authorities?

Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM

18,111 posts, read 16,457,416 times
Tell them it was stolen by some guy speaking Russian wearing a MAGA hat. They'll go into hysterics.
I'd never own an AR 15 or an AK 47. I've fired both and liked neither. But to each their own.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:38 AM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 5 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,499,640 times
I think they will put a stop to the ammo just like they tested before.

As for guns people don't realize that it doesn't matter. If someone wants to kill they will kill be it with a car running over a crowd, stabbings or other ways. Look at the stabbing attacks and deaths in China.

Sadly it comes down to the mental health of people. Until people get help or have less stressful lives they will and can snap...and will use whatever is available to them to act out.

They may ban some guns but I don't think they will take them away. At least as long as our government doesn't feel threatened of an overthrow by the people.

It also won't stop anything. There are so many unregistered weapons in the US.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:03 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,237,032 times
I suggest those with guns move to gun friendly states, if they come knocking at your door then you likely would end up toast since dealers keep records of sales, that will be next, ATF had traced items from manufacturers before, it can happen again and some honest citizens who refuse to be bullied may end up getting caught, vote with your feet, not by possibly ending up in jail.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:49 PM

11,571 posts, read 17,506,588 times
It's not a topic worth discussing because it will never happen except in the most extremest paranoid imaginative scenario. Did the State of MA come "knocking" on residents doors? No, they asked them to turn it in...which of course everyone ignored.

But more important:...the last two topics on this subject were LOCKED or DELETED. At least that I saw, maybe there were more.
Likely the same will happen with this one.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:59 PM

973 posts, read 353,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It's not a topic worth discussing because it will never happen except in the most extremest paranoid imaginative scenario.

But more important:...the last two topics on this subject were LOCKED or DELETED. At least that I saw, maybe there were more.
Likely the same will happen with this one.
People actually need to vent on this topic for mental health reasons and to keep this topic in the public's eye. It's no good to bottle the anger up or it will simmer into another insane incident. This topic walks a razor's edge unless public anger is expressed in a polite sane manner. People are really hurting now it's not made up at all.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:06 PM

11,571 posts, read 17,506,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
People actually need to vent on this topic for mental health reasons and to keep this topic in the public's eye. It's no good to bottle the anger up or it will simmer into another insane incident. This topic walks a razor's edge unless public anger is expressed in a polite sane manner. People are really hurting now it's not made up at all.
Hey I agree. But it's not my call.
I saw some postings in the NE gun forums about this and they are just fed up. I read that no one is giving them up Who knows how many bump stocks are in MA, no one knows. But some police agencies are getting a total sum of ZERO sent in.
Chicopee, the second largest city in western MA, got a total of 4 back. Springfield, the largest town, got none back.
Police departments aren’t seeing many bump stocks handed in despite ban | WWLP.com

Old 02-19-2018, 01:10 PM

3,410 posts, read 1,963,566 times
The other day I was sailing off the coast in international waters when I decided to do some plinking with my AR-15. The wind shifted and my AR fell into the ocean. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:55 PM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
I suggest those with guns move to gun friendly states, if they come knocking at your door then you likely would end up toast since dealers keep records of sales, that will be next, ATF had traced items from manufacturers before, it can happen again and some honest citizens who refuse to be bullied may end up getting caught, vote with your feet, not by possibly ending up in jail.

Well I don't know about the ATF but if the FBI is in charge this is a mute point.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:51 PM

4,118 posts, read 3,865,672 times
Again . . . this is a "Hobbies and Recreation" forum where "Guns" and "Hunting" can be discussed. Topics of a political nature do need to be investigated, but belong in either P&OC or "Current Events", not a hobby forum.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho and her sub-forums, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or