Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 11:47 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,878,590 times

Advertisements

There are many good 45 ACP on the market and the CZ97 possesses an unique quality.

Compared to 1911s, the 97 can be fired double action, single action, and carried “kocked & locked” like the 1911 with the safety at the right place just like the 1911. It comes with “glow in the dark” sights, though they don’t called it night sights but they do help in acquiring target in the dark.

It’s an all steel gun. It’s weight is on the heavy size for modern day CCW but it’s no heavier than my 4-inch S&W 686 in 357 magnum, or my 454 Ruger Alaskan . One benefit of all steel gun is less wear & tear between the steel slide & frame. I bought a surplused Gen 2 S&W 45 and the wear between the steel slide and aluminum rail is evident.

The 42 oz CZ97 is a pleasure to shoot. Less recoil & more accurate than my 1911.

I know many grew up in the “plastic fantastic” era. I’ve shot Glock 21 (full size) and Glock 30. While I was able to hit where I aim for defensive distance it was a “Meh”. It just doesn’t give me the WOW-factor like the CZ97.

The CZ97 is a great range & home defense 45acp. It’s also a great gun to learn how to shoot 45 without getting bad habits such as flinching.

If I was looking for a CCW 45acp, I would look to Sig P-220. Smooth shooting, accurate, and only weighs 30 oz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 05:49 PM

17,125 posts, read 56,804,711 times
I guess the "heavy duty" all-steel construction of the pistol, the DA capability, and just liking CZ products all draw me to it.

To have it on the night stand, I like the DA first shot being available, I just don't trust myself to wake up and handle a 1911 in Condition 1 successfully. I can imagine Uncle Jeff telling me to "just get over that" - no doubt he's right - but DW also has access and she won't train (so far) much.

Yeah, for me Glocks are "meh" as well. The Glock trigger is, I guess, good enough for most actual defensive use, but, I really like a good trigger on a handgun in particular, and 1911s, various modern DA revolvers, etc. have spoiled me to the point that the Glock trigger just does not "do it" for me.

Now to find a good deal on a 97. I have not seen any used ones for sale, although I guess that is telling me something right there.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:03 AM

34,139 posts, read 18,403,964 times
Not a Glock, nor a polymer fan in general. I like both my HK P7, and P7M8 almost as much as my CZ's, so I bought a USP Tactical .45 as I thought about getting a can for it. Couldn't warm up to it, so I sold it. A couple years later, I bought another one thinking the same thing. Still didn't impress me. Sold that one too. Good gun, HK doesn't make crap, but just underwhelming. Then I bought a 97B. I could NOT put it down. I reload, and it eats all the plated SWC bullets I can make with no issues. My 1911's sit in my safe. The 97B goes to the range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting