Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 10:41 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
What kind of holster did you get?
With my LCP 2 I have a Sneaky Pete, as well as a Kydex IWB I got off Ebay. So I went the same route with the Glock. I think both have a use. This is the one I got off of Ebay for the Glock: https://hybridarmory.com/capsule-pro...x-iwb-holster/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 10:44 AM

10,710 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
With my LCP 2 I have a Sneaky Pete, as well as a Kydex IWB I got off Ebay. So I went the same route with the Glock. I think both have a use. This is the one I got off of Ebay for the Glock: https://hybridarmory.com/capsule-pro...x-iwb-holster/
Nice! I’m a big fan of Kydex for my Glocks.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Nice! I’m a big fan of Kydex for my Glocks.
Yah, the guys that taught my CCW class highly recommended it. I see that they're made by custom molding it over a gun, so it fits like a glove.

I also have discovered that a gun belt is really a good thing. I'm a big guy, and couldn't find a good ratcheting belt without spending $100, but I recently bought this one and love it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's so much better than the cheap belt I've been wearing. When I tried appendix carry with my regular belt, it would roll over and I found it pointing directly into my gut. Not cool.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:05 PM

10,710 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yah, the guys that taught my CCW class highly recommended it. I see that they're made by custom molding it over a gun, so it fits like a glove.

I also have discovered that a gun belt is really a good thing. I'm a big guy, and couldn't find a good ratcheting belt without spending $100, but I recently bought this one and love it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's so much better than the cheap belt I've been wearing. When I tried appendix carry with my regular belt, it would roll over and I found it pointing directly into my gut. Not cool.

If you find that that belt doesn't work for you, take a look at Belt Man belts. https://www.thebeltman.net/collections/gunbelts

He makes a good belt that's less expensive than some of the other makers.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:31 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Interesting, I see a resurgence of 10mm here. It’s also interesting neither mentioned a Glock 20.

I’ve thought about getting a 10mm but I already have “woods gun” covered. What’s you guys plan for a 10mm?

What would be on my wish list rather than my shopping list:

BREN-10 an original, almost 30 years ago I had the option to go haves on a Stainless Steel Special forces original BREN-10, but I did not do the deal. Now I could not afford an original BREN-10

I would love to get a Colt Python, or the Colt Anaconda but prices above $2500 make it on the wish list.

This is now going back at least 5 years the manufacture Veltor was making a new BREN-10, they had everything for the rights except the name. But that project fell through.

Eventually I want to get another S&W Model 29 or 629 44 magnum. I had a 629-1 which was the 1st generation stainless steel, with the recessed cylinder and pined barrel, and firing ping on the hammer; but I had to sell that one as well.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,792,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Interesting, I see a resurgence of 10mm here. It’s also interesting neither mentioned a Glock 20.

I’ve thought about getting a 10mm but I already have “woods gun” covered. What’s you guys plan for a 10mm?
My plan is to use it for a concealed carry gun when hunting on the family timber farm. We see everything from wild dogs, coyotes, and pigs to armed trespassers. I always carry at least two firearms when I am on the property. There is recent evidence of an attempt to start up a still in a remote corner of the property, and the only way for the Sheriff to get to the property requires about a 30 minute detour through an adjacent county.

Old 06-07-2018, 02:17 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
FNX-9 is on my short list to purchase.........SIG P220 Stainless Elite is on my wish list.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:42 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
My plan is to use it for a concealed carry gun when hunting on the family timber farm. We see everything from wild dogs, coyotes, and pigs to armed trespassers. I always carry at least two firearms when I am on the property. There is recent evidence of an attempt to start up a still in a remote corner of the property, and the only way for the Sheriff to get to the property requires about a 30 minute detour through an adjacent county.
Sounds like a place to tote an AR hog eradicator around all the time, but why carry the handgun concealed on your family property?

Around the rural areas of Central Texas we have the hidden meth lab problem, along with gobs of feral hogs. We're always armed appropriately whenever we go out to the family lands.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Sounds like a place to tote an AR hog eradicator around all the time, but why carry the handgun concealed on your family property?

Around the rural areas of Central Texas we have the hidden meth lab problem, along with gobs of feral hogs. We're always armed appropriately whenever we go out to the family lands.
Say the word and I'll see if I can get a few guys to make a road trip with me to clear out a few of them hogs. And yes--as a farm kid I know the difference between wild pigs and cattle.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:33 PM

I'm so excited! I've never bought a brand new gun before. I get to pick up my new Glock 19 this afternoon. I just wish I had some land to go shooting. I need to join the gun club so I can shoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting