U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you keep a round in the chamber?
Yes 63 76.83%
No 19 23.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 03:15 PM

492 posts, read 224,473 times

Advertisements

A Glock 43 9mm that always has a round in the chamber. Basically, that the only pistol I leave loaded 24/7, which is my carry and night stand gun. I have several more, but stored in a safe until needed. If I should pull one out to carry, than it to will have a round in a chamber/cylinder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 06:28 PM

884 posts, read 597,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I also keep gas in the car, the computer plugged into the internet, light bulbs in the sockets, etc...etc...
I like your style...

Old 10-25-2018, 10:13 AM

51,314 posts, read 29,406,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why, did she hit you with one?
LOL...

Old 10-27-2018, 08:52 PM

115 posts, read 56,870 times
EDC is G-26 for both myself and Ms. gamboolgal.

For me, OWB is a Tucker HF2, IWB is a Tucker Cover Up

Old 10-27-2018, 09:33 PM

1,173 posts, read 896,831 times
I used to carry a G29 10mm because of a limited number of round and the conceal-ability of said pistol. I needed the horsepower. Now that we passed the law (in Texas) that we can open carry I didn't have to worry about exposure (printing) that I went for a full size 9mm pistol.

I love the 10mm and it's very potent but I'm getting too old for this. I'm also disabled so I had to compromise. I got me this fantastic pistol, the Beretta PX4 (after I sold the G29) and I replaced the springs to handle hot 9mm loads and an easy trigger.

My trips to the range has shown that I'm covered.

This is this morning. 5 rounds of 10 shots for a total of 50. As you can see, it gets tiring pretty quick (for me). This is at 10 yards.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:27 PM

144 posts, read 131,282 times
One in the chamber is the only way for me. I DO NOT want to have to take any unnecessary steps if/when I need to defend myself in a life or death situation. Doesn't matter which of my EDC seasonal rotation handguns I'm carrying. If it's loaded, it's chambered. I have no intentions of changing my ways.

I will also add that we are a retired couple, with no children in our home.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:16 PM

4,212 posts, read 5,550,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
The WALTHER P99 AS (and the compact version), are in my opinion, the "perfect" pistol for a variety of reasons.
The P99 AS version (a medium sized pistol) has been available in the U.S. for approx 15 years and the "c" compact version for IIRC, for about 5 yrs. This "AS" version is essentially a DA/SA trigger system with the capability of choosing to carry the gun in one of 2 modes.......DA [1st shot only]; ..SA [all shots will be S/A]
I prefer the DA/SA mode, with a round in the chamber......achieved by pressing the decocker button, thus putting the trigger system into the DA mode for the 1st shot.
With a green laser/800 lumens flash light unit mounted, it is the perfect night stand pistol.
It can be carried effectively as an EDC either way.........obviously it is slightly more difficult to conceal for EDC with the laser/light mounted. ..However I found a holster made in Isreal that works out quite well for EDC with the laser/light mounted.
Being in my 87th year and having owned and shot approx12 different hand guns in the last 74 yrs, this Walther IIHO, is the best of the bunch!!

Love my P99C and a fan of DA/SA pistols and revolvers in general. I'm just not comfortable carrying a SA only handgun.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:11 AM

2,417 posts, read 2,147,089 times
Mine are always ready to rock. Depending on my mood, I may be carrying a Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced, Glock G27 with a 357 SIG barrel, or .40 S&W M&P Shield.

Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM

8,261 posts, read 5,673,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"1. Fla. Stat. § 790.174(1). Minor is defined as a person under age 16. Fla. Stat. § 790.174(3). ⤴︎
2. Id. ⤴︎

3. Fla. Stat. § 790.174(2). See also Fla. Stat. § 784.05 (holding an adult culpably negligent for storing or leaving a loaded firearm within the reach or easy access of a minor, if the minor obtained the firearm and used it to inflict injury or death upon himself or herself or any other person, unless: 1) the firearm was stored or left in a securely locked box or container or in a location which a reasonable person would have believed to be secure, or was securely locked with a trigger lock; 2) the minor obtained the firearm as a result of an unlawful entry by any person; or 3) the injuries resulted from target or sport shooting accidents or hunting accidents). ⤴︎"

It is interesting that the actual statutory reference is only in the fine print footnotes. One could almost infer that they don't want people to know the law, they just want people to take their word for it.
Many states do not have such laws. Montana doesn't, for sure.

Check this out:

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/

Florida and Montana both get an "F" in their rankings.
Giffords Org is an anti-gun (or very pro-gun control) group. Nothing they produce interests me

Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM

884 posts, read 597,116 times
No round in the chamber- it's a paperweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or