U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 03:40 PM

712 posts, read 266,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I like to hunt. So there you go.

I limit my hunting to feral pigs, which satisfies my desire to hunt, can be pretty sporting at times (by "sporting" I mean "hair raising" and by "hair raising" I mean "dangerous"), and helps prevent additional environmental damage.

If there was no way to hunt without driving the population to extinction, I wouldn't hunt. And I'm satisfied to limit my hunting desire to species that don't bear that danger.

If you are trying to make me feel bad about that...sorry.

But you may not realize that hunters are what keep wildlife areas in the US in existence. People who don't actually get into the outdoors, in practice, aren't willing to pay the money to preserve them.

So you're either ignorant of that fact, or you're the real hypocrite.
Yeah, yellowstone would not exist without hunters? Oh wait there's no hunting allowed.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I in fact said it's absolutely ridiculous going after a lion trophy hunter. I tend to feel bad about the MILLIONS of cows being killed, not a few lions. There's over 200k lions in Africa. No risk of extinction. A lion is a ferocious beast that kills their own young and kills other animals all the time. They are also a threat to villagers and need to be hunted so that people fear them. I was actually just calling out the hypocrisy of people going after trophy hunters while eating factory farmed meat or hunting deer themselves. I have no ulterior motive and I tend not to force my beliefs on others or threaten death on someone. These lunatics on twitter give death threats to these trophy hunters and get them to lose their job. It's the most ridiculous hypocrisy I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 03:58 PM

17,911 posts, read 9,843,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheHorizon View Post
Yeah, yellowstone would not exist without hunters? Oh wait there's no hunting allowed.
Yellowstone would not exist if not for the hunter Teddy Roosevelt who established the park system against corporate interests for the sake of hunting.

But, no, Yellowstone does not pay for itself

Some national parks do allow hunting. Hunters, overall, spend about 1.5 billion in licenses and excise fees that support national conservation, and hunters make up most of the voting block that enables continued government support of conservation and national parks.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:14 PM

5,739 posts, read 3,185,977 times
I do too... If hunting down things in the grocery store counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting