Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 10:28 PM

10,742 posts, read 5,668,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Just do yourself a favor, check the headspace

https://gundigest.com/headspace-101-...rifles-chamber
So, you’re going to leave us in suspense and not tell us what you believe the 9mm headspace issue to be?

Old 11-09-2018, 10:52 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Check the Accurate load data online. That’s a pretty light load. If you don’t have an actual powder scale, you should probably get one.

Also, AA#7 is one of the slowest powders commonly used for 9mm. Try something faster. My go to powder in 9mm is Hodgdon Clays. I load it for 4 different 9mm handguns and (currently) two different 9mm AR’s. I really like it.
I do plan to try another powder as soon as I am out of AA#7. During the craze, I managed to get my hands on a lot of it. It was all I could find for 9mm. I started reloading during the craze unfortunately, around 2013. I’m still working through all of that AA#7.

I do have multiple means for weighing out powder, including the Hornady Auto Charge. For 9mm and 45 I’ve stuck to the scoops because it’s so simple.

Quote:
Is it a rifle or a pistol buffer? If standard rifle, try a 9mm specific buffer.

My experience with 9mm AR’s (and I’ve got a fair amount), is that they sometimes be very temperamental. Lots of tweaking may sometimes be in order.
It’s a pistol buffer. I’m reluctant to change it because it cycles so smoothly. I’d rather start with treaking the load. I guess I could try it with the buffer from one of my .223 rifles though. I’ll try that now that you mention it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-10-2018, 09:43 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
So, you’re going to leave us in suspense and not tell us what you believe the 9mm headspace issue to be?
The reason I don't directly respond to you is because last time we had a disagreement you actually followed me into totally different citydata subforums to harrass me.

Is Getting an Accounting Certificate Worth It?

Stalking. That's a bit to strange for me pal, so you get the ole ignore label.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:57 PM

10,742 posts, read 5,668,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The reason I don't directly respond to you is because last time we had a disagreement you actually followed me into totally different citydata subforums to harrass me.

Is Getting an Accounting Certificate Worth It?

Stalking. That's a bit to strange for me pal, so you get the ole ignore label.
If you don’t want to get called out for saying stupid stuff, just stop saying stupid stuff. It’s pretty simple, really.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:54 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Amazing...and with a moderator in this thread as well.
People that reped me: if you have problem with same poster in question...stalking and personal insults...let me know via PM and maybe I can escalate to the powers-that-be. I know we don't like to "report" a thread but enough is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm going to ask a buddy at the range who I believe has all of the equipment for doing so. Thanks!
Yup, It's easy with a go/no-go guage. I'm not saying that's the problem, it's probably your load. But it's good to be safe and consider all options. Also consider it could be either or both rifle headspace and cartridge headspace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting