U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 06:50 AM

8,271 posts, read 6,776,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
How did your practice season go? We want a range report!
Wimps cancelled it because it was 20 degrees out. I went and shot by myself for about 2 hours.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 04:20 PM

223 posts, read 38,869 times
This is some of the best practical advice I’ve ever heard about shooting sports in this thread. I wish I had of had that when I was just starting out.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:23 PM

5,797 posts, read 2,609,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Wimps cancelled it because it was 20 degrees out. I went and shot by myself for about 2 hours.
Do you go to a match last weekend, or was it cancelled too?

Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Do you go to a match last weekend, or was it cancelled too?
Thanks for bringing this up.

No cancellation this time, we shot the match.

They did have to cut one station because that part of the range was flooded the day prior and then froze solid. We shot 4 instead of five stations. I had a blast. Placed 24th out of 34. I wasn’t too concerned with where I placed, I just wanted to run through safely without being DQ’d or making any major mistakes. My RO was impressed with my reload speed and how I moved around from box to box. I guess some of my past training did help after all.

I’m very adamant about keeping a “newbie” mindet for awhile even though I have been training fairly consistently in relevent tactics for 21 years.

I only got two pictures. Next time I have a friend coming to take some video.
Attached Thumbnails
USPSA tips?-5111aad1-6a4e-4d12-b5cf-b7042cb3774b.jpeg   USPSA tips?-0c3184f6-8376-4d1d-8995-0cc5741225d9.jpeg  

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-11-2019, 05:22 PM

5,797 posts, read 2,609,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Thanks for bringing this up.

No cancellation this time, we shot the match.

They did have to cut one station because that part of the range was flooded the day prior and then froze solid. We shot 4 instead of five stations. I had a blast. Placed 24th out of 34. I wasnt too concerned with where I placed, I just wanted to run through safely without being DQd or making any major mistakes. My RO was impressed with my reload speed and how I moved around from box to box. I guess some of my past training did help after all.

Im very adamant about keeping a newbie mindet for awhile even though I have been training fairly consistently in relevent tactics for 21 years.

I only got two pictures. Next time I have a friend coming to take some video.

Awesome! I hope you had a great time.

Just beware that if the bug really bites, you're going to be spending A LOT of money.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Awesome! I hope you had a great time.

Just beware that if the bug really bites, you're going to be spending A LOT of money.
Yeah it looks like I already need to drop some cash on bullets and primers again lol

Old 02-14-2019, 04:45 PM

Amazing post, thank you!

No joke, the only local paintball course is the next property over from my range. How funny is that? I have to try that one day. Going to email someone about it right now!

Old 02-17-2019, 11:29 AM

2,290 posts, read 536,879 times
In addition to paintball, I also recommend arisoft. You can shoot farther and use much of the same gear and equipment as your real steel equivalent. The guns mimic real firearms almost to a T with the exception of recoil and sometimes weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or