Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 10:33 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,953,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Thank you.

Unfortunately, all my firearms were lost in a massive tornado the day after election November, 2008. I'm rebuilding my collection.
Since this will use a 50 caliber ball, is silent, deadly, and easy to hide, legal to carry anywhere, it makes the perfect weapon for the new world order.
Hahaha I got it now.

Yes it seems like many lost their prized collection around that time. I had suffered a similar tragedy and lost all my collection. It's a good thing that I have these photos to remember them by

Last edited by HB2HSV; 01-31-2021 at 11:08 PM..

Old 02-01-2021, 07:58 AM

521 posts, read 162,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laplace_demon View Post
A few hundred through the RPK- Tula FMJ because I'm poor . It's smooth shooting when you get the bipod out. The unruly weight does have its perks. The AK though... embarrassingly none; I got it only a few months back and ammo is in an absolute state so I don't want to use it all.

I genuinely worry about laws going after ammo as another affront to the 2A, but that's a topic for a whole nother thread.

I really like that LCR you have above. Great trigger action. Self-defense is also a major reason why people own guns and this is where your AK comes in. Sorry about your arguments with others over 2A but are there gun-owner threads here at City-Data on self-defense?

Old 02-01-2021, 08:33 AM

26 posts, read 25,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
I really like that LCR you have above. Great trigger action. Self-defense is also a major reason why people own guns and this is where your AK comes in. Sorry about your arguments with others over 2A but are there gun-owner threads here at City-Data on self-defense?
The LCR grip is by Badger Custom Grips. My photo is absolutely terrible and looks like CCTV footage, so the grip's beauty isn't really done justice, but it's this color:

It's beautiful, but does have small downsides. The original Ruger rubber grip is thinner, allowing more purchase over the grip with your hand, and the original has a softer vented area where the web between your thumb and index finger is. That's where most of the horizontal recoil goes, thus the wood grip is a bit more punishing since it lacks that.

Haha, no it's fine about the arguments. That's why that politics forum is there. I was never rude, but it just eats up so much time for so little gain.

As for self-defense talk, There is a little, I think saw some when I posted on my old account, but:
- This forum has an older userbase who are wise and have settled in safer areas, as opposed to younger folks who may live in less-safe areas in the name of jobs or excitement, thus de-emphasizing the need for self-defense
- Self-defense sits at the crossroads between firearms and legal debate (the legal complexity of self-defense is far more intricate than the gun community usually think**) and thus it doesn't quite perfectly fit
- There are a plethora of other massive forums that are better catered towards it, everything from the AR15 forums to various gun subreddits to the absolutely massive Youtube gun comments community, so people aren't really drawn to CityData for deep second amendment talk

If you want some recommendations on large gun forums, I can send them to you.

**If self defense is a big interest of yours, here is a really neat video on just how complex the legality of it can be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j4PS_8R5IE)
When I'm no longer a student, I plan to buy some self-defense insurance

Last edited by laplace_demon; 02-01-2021 at 09:04 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 09:46 AM

6,354 posts, read 7,760,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
Partisan politics go in the P&OC forum. The isolated, generic political comment is normally okay. This being a "Hobbies and Recreation" forum, political discussions don't belong here. They never result in anything productive. People's minds are made up on the matter and no amount of back-and-forth talk here will change that. Such discussions normally, in short order, turn rude, confrontational, get people riled up.

As to self-defense, the obtuse, isolated recommendation is fine. As mentioned, there are other forums better suited for such discussions. What is absolutely prohibited are the effects of a certain bullet on the human body. As are tactics, legal ramifications, etc. Once again, this is a "Hobbies and Recreation" forum.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-01-2021, 09:56 AM

521 posts, read 162,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laplace_demon View Post
The LCR grip is by Badger Custom Grips. My photo is absolutely terrible and looks like CCTV footage, so the grip's beauty isn't really done justice, but it's this color:

It's beautiful, but does have small downsides. The original Ruger rubber grip is thinner, allowing more purchase over the grip with your hand, and the original has a softer vented area where the web between your thumb and index finger is. That's where most of the horizontal recoil goes, thus the wood grip is a bit more punishing since it lacks that.

Haha, no it's fine about the arguments. That's why that politics forum is there. I was never rude, but it just eats up so much time for so little gain.

As for self-defense talk, There is a little, I think saw some when I posted on my old account, but:
- This forum has an older userbase who are wise and have settled in safer areas, as opposed to younger folks who may live in less-safe areas in the name of jobs or excitement, thus de-emphasizing the need for self-defense
- Self-defense sits at the crossroads between firearms and legal debate (the legal complexity of self-defense is far more intricate than the gun community usually think**) and thus it doesn't quite perfectly fit
- There are a plethora of other massive forums that are better catered towards it, everything from the AR15 forums to various gun subreddits to the absolutely massive Youtube gun comments community, so people aren't really drawn to CityData for deep second amendment talk

If you want some recommendations on large gun forums, I can send them to you.

**If self defense is a big interest of yours, here is a really neat video on just how complex the legality of it can be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j4PS_8R5IE)
When I'm no longer a student, I plan to buy some self-defense insurance

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and you are one of those guys who love and know their guns, folks I could talk with for hours. And I do do that at other gun forums. I just wanted your view on City-Data's policy on guntalk here. Just this thread alone tells me that there are cool gun guys here at City-Data who can give me great company.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:06 AM

Ruger Alaskan with 6 rounds of bear medicine in 454 Casull

Old 02-01-2021, 10:08 AM

Cowboy action. Ruger new model Blackhawk convertible with 45ACP/ 45LC

Old 02-01-2021, 01:25 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Is that an original 1866 Winchester!?!
Yes. Bought it for $50 in 1968.
Decent condition with only one screw replaced.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:29 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Model 13-4 S&W. Last FBI issued wheel gun.

Old 02-01-2021, 01:33 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
This Winchester Defender is loaded with 7 rounds of 00. It is within reach of my bed as backup to a couple of nightstand handguns.

Last edited by ScoPro; 06-13-2021 at 06:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting