U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2009, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,671 posts, read 5,410,476 times
Reputation: 1165

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
While I do agree with the right to defend yourself and in these instances, I agree no charges should be filed. I don't think you have to "hope" or "be glad" the perpertrators were killed. These incidents are senseless and unfortunate, but I don't think this should be a rush to arms. The Cobb incident, the victims knew eachother, so I'm sure there will be more to this story.
I make no apologies for feeling no sympathy for thieves/attackers. Im glad there were really no victims when you think about it. The attackers had it coming. Plain and simple. I wonder if most attackers thought for a second, if they may not come out alive, would they attempt to commit these crimes? I dont get to read articles about robberies that make me happy too often. Let me enjoy this one.
About the incident where the victims knew each other, the attacker still had no business coming to the man's house. If the homeowner felt his life was in danger, which is evident in this case, he has every right to defend himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
 
985 posts, read 1,430,289 times
Reputation: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I make no apologies for feeling no sympathy for thieves/attackers. Im glad there were really no victims when you think about it. The attackers had it coming. Plain and simple. I wonder if most attackers thought for a second, if they may not come out alive, would they attempt to commit these crimes? I dont get to read articles about robberies that make me happy too often. Let me enjoy this one.
About the incident where the victims knew each other, the attacker still had no business coming to the man's house. If the homeowner felt his life was in danger, which is evident in this case, he has every right to defend himself.
Let's agree that, if someone had to die, the right people died. Let's disagree on how we feel about the circumstances that lead to the death of a human being. Fair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,671 posts, read 5,410,476 times
Reputation: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Let's agree that, if someone had to die, the right people died. Let's disagree on how we feel about the circumstances that lead to the death of a human being. Fair?
Fair. It's not that I dont value life. I just stopped caring for those who dont respect and value life to begin with. (Although it may sound like an eye for an eye, it's not).
Im not a monster either, I think I've grown to be a bit desensitized by all this madness. Sad that I see things like this now, but we just have to adjust to some things in the world we live in. Years ago, I would have been right there with you 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
 
985 posts, read 1,430,289 times
Reputation: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Fair. It's not that I dont value life. I just stopped caring for those who dont respect and value life to begin with. (Although it may sound like an eye for an eye, it's not).
Im not a monster either, I think I've grown to be a bit desensitized by all this madness. Sad that I see things like this now, but we just have to adjust to some things in the world we live in. Years ago, I would have been right there with you 100%.
I understand your arugment, and honestly it just depends on my mood. If you catch me on Friday, I might have difference response. I just think all acts of violence are usually senseless. Someone will have to bury a son, no matter how idiotic the circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,123 posts, read 3,392,328 times
Reputation: 1461
I have 36 reasons on my hip not to wait on the police and I keep them there at all times. Picked this little gem up from the gun show last week.

Moderator cut: pic removed by OP request

Last edited by Beretta; 02-10-2009 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,123 posts, read 3,392,328 times
Reputation: 1461
Well actually I keep 2 spare 15 round clips on me also. Im telling you as this economy gets worse there will only be more scenes like this. I suggest if you don't have one you better get one. Living in well to do areas will only make you more of a target.

Come holla at me on Saturday evenings @ nick's gun range in Marietta and ill show you the difference between being careless and being prepared.

Target from 30 yards out so you don't even want to imagine what in close proximity is going to look like.

Moderator cut: pic removed by OP request

If you aren't familiar with guns you'd better get familiar because a home alarm or hope isn't good enough. People hungry out there...

Last edited by Beretta; 02-10-2009 at 09:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
 
1,756 posts, read 4,919,258 times
Reputation: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I have 36 reasons on my hip not to wait on the police and I keep them there at all times. Picked this little gem up from the gun show last week.
nice gun...

I've got the P-94 .40 but keep a .38 special with hollow points in the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
 
Location: 30080
2,123 posts, read 3,392,328 times
Reputation: 1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
nice gun...

I've got the P-94 .40 but keep a .38 special with hollow points in the car.

the 40 cal is one of my favorites. i have a glock 40 in my collection as well. I recently started taking my girl to the range also. I put her in the training class at nick's to get her familiar with using the gun she loves it. Before that she always nagged me about always having a gun on me until someone broke into her best friends place. I started her out with the keltec sub compact 9 mm and she's doing pretty well with it. She should be receiving her license this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:40 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,671 posts, read 5,410,476 times
Reputation: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
nice gun...

I've got the P-94 .40 but keep a .38 special with hollow points in the car.
Are hollow points legal? I remember a dozen years ago in NY, they said they were illegal. I remember them mentioning it on the news, after a NYPD officer got shot by some drug dealer in the Bronx by a hollow point loaded gun. Is it something legal in certain states and not others? All this time, I thought they were outlawed. I want to get a gun (once I get the permit), but fear having one in the house with the kids. I know it's up to me to make sure it stays in a safe place, but still, doubts arise from time to time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,671 posts, read 5,410,476 times
Reputation: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I have 36 reasons on my hip not to wait on the police and I keep them there at all times. Picked this little gem up from the gun show last week.
Question; when you say 36 reasons, are you talking about the clip having 36 bullets?
Do handgun clips have that many bullets? I'm sorry if I sound ignorant about the matter.
1)Was the gun new by the way?

2)What's your say in buying used guns?

3)Do you think it's safe and advisable? I have some reservations about buying used guns, due to the fact that they may have been used in a crime at another time. Please pardon the ignorance guys. I'm learning as I go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top