U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:17 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,718,934 times

Advertisements

shooting would be murderers in the act discourages others from following suit. punishing home owners for doing so makes killers more bold in their attempts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 07:32 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,892,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
What are the laws about transferring a concealed weapon and permit from Florida to GA? If I buy a gun here and move to GA, what would the procedures be? Do I ship it to GA before moving or do I take it a gun store to have them ship it to my new address in GA?

Now, will my Florida permit transfer over to GA, or do I have to go through the same process of background checks again, and apply for a new GA permit? Again, thanks a million guys. I'm learning as I go. I've learned a great deal from this thread alone.

Has anyone done this before?
For your concealed carry permit you will probably have to start over in GA. Most of that information should be available from the state's web site. In you moved to MS you would need to go through the back ground check again and pay for the license.

As for transfering guns, again the laws would vary by state. But you are talking about the south. When I moved from AR to MS, I put them in my car and drove them over. Guns are not required to be registered in AR nor in MS.

-Robert

Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 AM

2,671 posts, read 5,429,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
For your concealed carry permit you will probably have to start over in GA. Most of that information should be available from the state's web site. In you moved to MS you would need to go through the back ground check again and pay for the license.

As for transfering guns, again the laws would vary by state. But you are talking about the south. When I moved from AR to MS, I put them in my car and drove them over. Guns are not required to be registered in AR nor in MS.

-Robert
Thanks again. I appreciate the help. I will look into what the state of GA says about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting