Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

It's weird that you bring this up b/c this issomething that I always wondered since the Gulf war. I was stationed in Va and when the base was almost emptied b/c of Iraq the backfill came from UTAH! not Virginia National guard not even the Va Reservist (they were sent to another state) HELLO CULTURE SHOCK! it was a mess but no one said anything about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 02:03 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Not related to this incident but has a great impact to the future - Federal judge rules police cannot detain people for openly carrying guns

Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,104 times
That's very good news! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Not related to this incident but has a great impact to the future - Federal judge rules police cannot detain people for openly carrying guns

Old 09-10-2009, 06:03 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
I'm glad that guy showed up to display his gun. How do we know who the dangerous idiots are unless they have the freedom to show it? That is the beauty of freedom; all the cards are on the table.

I am pro 2nd amendment but I do think that weapons should not be allowed at public assemblies of this type. An example we can take from the Vikings who prohibited weapons at their public assemblies which were basically town-hall meetings and law courts rolled into one. Whenever you have a group of people discussing opposing views, emotion can take control. Guns + emotion don't mix. Take it from a vet.

I do agree that if it is legal to carry a weapon somewhere, then you should not be questioned for carrying legally.

As regards Obama getting special treatment (protection) for 'being black', that is not the case. He is getting extra protection for receiving a greater number of threats. Whether those threats are coming because he is black or for any other reason is irrelevant. A president who has received death threats should be protected accordingly, I don't care if you are a democrat, republican, or even the freakin' anti-christ. We need a civil society.

ABQConvict

Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Both the guy with the Rifle and the one in New Hampshire were members of "We the People" a militant group looking for an armed confrontation with Federal Authorities. Both are members of the congregation of the Minister who Prays for Obama to get Brain Cancer and Die. The one with the rifle can be seen in pictures of that congregation and the one in New Hamphire was doing the Nazi Salute at a Neo Nazi demonstration in Arizona on May 2nd, 2009

These are Domestic Terrorists bent on a shootout

Old 09-10-2009, 10:16 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Both the guy with the Rifle and the one in New Hampshire were members of "We the People" a militant group looking for an armed confrontation with Federal Authorities. Both are members of the congregation of the Minister who Prays for Obama to get Brain Cancer and Die. The one with the rifle can be seen in pictures of that congregation and the one in New Hamphire was doing the Nazi Salute at a Neo Nazi demonstration in Arizona on May 2nd, 2009

These are Domestic Terrorists bent on a shootout
What is your source for this information?

What have they specifically done to be deemed "Domestic Terrorists?"

Law enforcement was aware of them, but did not make any arrests. I doubt that Law Enforcement would have left them alone if they were known to be domestic terrorists.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz1 View Post
It doesn't matter. Race is used anytime anyone disagrees with them on anything whether it has anything to do with race or not. This is how "enlightened" and "intelligent" people operate. They don't debate, they silence. You didn't know that? Well, just more proof that you're a neanderthal.
reminds me of this video

YouTube - Klavan On The Culture

Old 09-11-2009, 07:47 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,095 times
JD, while you are right to question his sources, saying that they weren't arrested as proof that they were not "domestic terrorists" is a little naieve.

You KNOW they would not be arrested like that. They were put up as fall guys to be challanged and arrested. They did not want to shoot the President, they wanted people to notice them, and gain more following. Many radical groups do this kind of thing.

But people that carry not just guns, but ASSAULT RIFLES to a place where the President has announced he will be is just looking for trouble.

Why is it people had no problem penning in protestors during bush because they might yell something at him, but as soon as someone challanges someone with an automatic rifle at a Town Hall meeting the war cry for the 2nd amendment comes up?

I think these guys and their actions should be kept seperate from issues involving the protection of the constitution and its amendments. They were not looking to keep their freedom, they just wanted to cause strife so that they, and their mission statement, got more attension.

Very disrespectful to both the President AND the constitution. Very self serving.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
But people that carry not just guns, but ASSAULT RIFLES to a place where the President has announced he will be is just looking for trouble.

Why is it people had no problem penning in protestors during bush because they might yell something at him, but as soon as someone challanges someone with an automatic rifle at a Town Hall meeting the war cry for the 2nd amendment comes up?

I think these guys and their actions should be kept seperate from issues involving the protection of the constitution and its amendments. They were not looking to keep their freedom, they just wanted to cause strife so that they, and their mission statement, got more attension.

Very disrespectful to both the President AND the constitution. Very self serving.
Assault weapons are fully automatic. The difference between his rifle and the one my 10 year old niece shoots is the number of rounds in the magazine. Otherwise they are both .223 calibers with 16" barrels.

This guy wasn't at the town hall meeting. His was in a public place OUTSIDE of the meeting.

Yes, they wanted to bring attention to themselves and the law that allows open carry. It worked.

Self serving? Yes. Disrespectful? I don't think so. He was just exercising his freedom. You don't like that freedom and the only reply I can come up with is 'tough luck'. It is your right to get as many people together and ask your lawmakers to change the law. You can go as far as a new amendment to repeal the 2nd. But remember how well the last prohibitive amendment worked.

-Robert

Old 09-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Both are members of the congregation of the Minister who Prays for Obama to get Brain Cancer and Die.
The man with the rifle is a member of this congregation. I've seen the video and it is available on YouTube.

I have seen nothing else to support Boompa's accusations that these people are looking to start a confrontation.

Is praying for the death of someone illegal? Not the last time I looked.

-Robert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting