Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:31 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Last I knew all it took was a valid drivers license and background check.Anti-gun lobby cares nothing about illegal aliens ;even with guns.Otherwise it would be easy to pass such a law on illegals owning guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 11:46 AM

54 posts, read 208,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
I dont like your attitude, u want to discriminate me but u wont win, i feel sorry for u.
I will go to america on january, ill work for some years and then return to my country cause i want to die at homeland, thats all.
And i served in the army, im an acknowledge expert in all of this so please stop treating me like a mexican illegal who came to america to steal and kill people.
Im honest, i work good, i go church and i want a peaceful life.
I like america, america is good, coca cola and mickey mouse, very nice.
cya.
Don't worry about him. He's obviously got a bone to pick with anyone who doesn't look and talk like him.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:35 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSky View Post
I dont like your attitude, u want to discriminate me but u wont win, i feel sorry for u.
I will go to america on january, ill work for some years and then return to my country cause i want to die at homeland, thats all.
And i served in the army, im an acknowledge expert in all of this so please stop treating me like a mexican illegal who came to america to steal and kill people.
Im honest, i work good, i go church and i want a peaceful life.
I like america, america is good, coca cola and mickey mouse, very nice.
cya.
I think you are a fake. Yeah that's right, a darn fake. Second of all you have a lot of nerve talking about automatic weapons when you seemingly know just a little but annotate the most serious of military fully automatics.

You tell all that you are an expert and I find it funny if not rediculous. If you are truly and expert you would not say you are but you do. But who cares. You try to write as if you are foreign born and educated but I believe you are just trying to start something. What is this Coca cola and mickey mouse thing? ? ?

Old 09-20-2009, 01:54 PM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
People with valid green cards are NOT ILLEGALS!

Old 09-20-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
I think you are a fake. Yeah that's right, a darn fake. Second of all you have a lot of nerve talking about automatic weapons when you seemingly know just a little but annotate the most serious of military fully automatics.
Being in a foreign military does not make one familiar with US weapons laws. He may be an expert with a machine gun, but completely uneducated so far about US laws. His question was about the legality of buying them, nothing to do with operating them. Why don't you get off your high horse and help instead of falsely accusing him of all sorts of things without the slightest bit of evidence to back up your absurd claims?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
People with valid green cards are NOT ILLEGALS!
I understand that but I do not like the way this person started off by asking if someone with a green card can get weapons...Why?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I understand that but I do not like the way this person started off by asking if someone with a green card can get weapons...Why?
Why not?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
Being in a foreign military does not make one familiar with US weapons laws. He may be an expert with a machine gun, but completely uneducated so far about US laws. His question was about the legality of buying them, nothing to do with operating them. Why don't you get off your high horse and help instead of falsely accusing him of all sorts of things without the slightest bit of evidence to back up your absurd claims?
NOPE..... An expert with a machine gun? That is so nutso... Given the events in the world today and the dark future of what lies ahead of all Americans I believe that there are few that can be trusted.

Maybe this person named RussianSky is honest and forthright in the eyes of some but I don't wanna take a chance and provide him with any information concerning weapons.

I spend a lot of time helping Vietnam, Iraq or Afganistan wounded Veterans form a relationship with the Veterans Administration. They need that bond to get compensation for what they have been through. It is not the case with RussianSky. This person is either putting on an act or is trying to something that a lot of people do not approve of and I am one of those who do not approve..

Of course no one needs my approval but I find it important that everyone understands that providing an unknown person with weapon and immigration information concerning weapons can result in something I don't wanna see happen.

I don't consider myself a hero but there were plenty of brave Rangers that died along side of me while we served together in Vietnam. Want some homework. Look it up....You will find me on many combat documents.
Now who is zooming who?

Steve
75th Rangers, II Corps
Vietnam 69-70

Last edited by Synergy1; 09-20-2009 at 02:59 PM..

Old 09-20-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
NOPE..... An expert with a machine gun? That is so nutso... Given the events in the world today and the dark future of what lies ahead of all Americans I believe that there are few that can be trusted.

Maybe this person named RussianSky is honest and forthright in the eyes of some but I don't wanna take a chance and provide him with any information concerning weapons.

I spend a lot of time helping Vietnam, Iraq or Afganistan wounded Veterans form a relationship with the Veterans Administration. They need that bond to get compensation for what they have been through. It is not the case with RussianSky. This person is either putting on an act or is trying to something that a lot of people do not approve of and I am one of those who do not approve..

Of course no one needs my approval but I find it importatnt that everyone understands that providing an unknown person with weapon and immigration information concerning weapons can result in something I don't wanna see happen.

I don't consider myself a hero but there were plenty of soldiers that died along side of me while we served together in Vietnam.

Steve
75th Rangers
Vietnam 69-70
As you probably know, there's a lot that stands between Joe Blow and a Class III weapon. Any number of websites tell you how to go about applying, but that's just the first step. It's not like he can walk out of a store with an NFA item tomorrow. There's a plethora of background checks and signoffs that have to be made. And if he is smart/stupid enough to obtain one without the proper process, well, info about the legal way to get it isn't really going to matter much, is it?

I'm not too concerned about you giving or not giving him info. What really burns me up though is that your first reply to this had you flying off the handle about him being here illegally. From what he has said, it's obvious he is not (or will not be when he gets here, not really sure if he's here yet or not). Those remarks were uncalled for, and you should recognize that.

Quote:
Uh, remind me where the VA has anything to do with this?

Old 09-20-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
As you probably know, there's a lot that stands between Joe Blow and a Class III weapon. Any number of websites tell you how to go about applying, but that's just the first step. It's not like he can walk out of a store with an NFA item tomorrow. There's a plethora of background checks and signoffs that have to be made. And if he is smart/stupid enough to obtain one without the proper process, well, info about the legal way to get it isn't really going to matter much, is it?

I'm not too concerned about you giving or not giving him info. What really burns me up though is that your first reply to this had you flying off the handle about him being here illegally. From what he has said, it's obvious he is not (or will not be when he gets here, not really sure if he's here yet or not). Those remarks were uncalled for, and you should recognize that.

Uh, remind me where the VA has anything to do with this?
The VA has nothing to do with him and maybe I did fly off the handle.

I do vividly remember two back to back missions I had trying to detect and photograph then call in F14's in on Russian helicopters supplying the North Vietnamese with equipment support in Laos and Cambodia...
We were spotted by the door gunners of the chopper because my camera lens reflected their spotlight during the night. No running lights on the chopper just an on-off spot. We should have been destroyed yet we survived 2 times.

Our team had no support because we were in Laos and Cambodia and when we went there it was hush-hush...

I guess I did fly off the handle when I read RussianSky. Sorry RussianSky...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting