Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 12:17 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,597,707 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone out there can guide me in the right direction. I obtained my concealed carry permit a while back and am looking for a place which sells good quality concealed handgun clothing. Particularly vests with an inside "holster pocket" and others for extra clips, etc.

Strangely enough, no business in my hometown carries anything along these lines, so I am searching on-line. Can anybody provide a good site to visit and/or testimonials to a particular style/model of the vest?

Thanks for any suggestions/advise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 12:31 PM

23,841 posts, read 24,087,427 times
I have something similar to this:

Concealment T-Shirt - Crew Neck Style - Magills.com

that I picked up at a show a while back. The one I have is sleeveless, and doesn't have the retaining strap. It fits my Glock 27 nicely, and my Kel-Tec .32 in its Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

It works as advertised. Good concealment and pretty easy access. The one complaint I have with it is that having an extra 2lb hanging on the side of your shirt tends to pull it off-center, which is uncomfortable and pulls the neckline to the side, which looks a bit odd. It's mostly a problem with the Glock, as the Kel-Tec isn't that heavy. The Kel-Tec is so small that I usually just carry it in my pocket, though, so the end result is that I don't wear the shirt that often. This will be the first summer since I've owned it, though, so I might wear it more since I can't cover a belt holster with a jacket...

Good luck in your search. There are a lot of options, and you'll probably try several before you find one that you're really happy with.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:00 PM

848 posts, read 1,952,057 times
I know you asked specifically about clothing, but I'm going to recommend a pocket holster for a smaller gun. These disappear. Hiding even a small firearm anywhere else if you're in a hot climate is almost impossible. I have no stake in this and don't know the man personally, but have both the pocket and waist band holster and am very happy with them.

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

I don't like them, but some people carry using a fanny pack.

Last edited by Creek Hollow; 05-15-2010 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: disgusting spelling error

Old 05-15-2010, 05:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
I strongly reccomend you search these words 'coronado leather products'. Top shelf stuff.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,601,809 times
Aloha shirt, you could hide a shotgun under some.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
5.11 Tactical
Woolrich Elite
Duluth Traders
Tactical Tailor

Bass Pro has some Columbia vests that don't shout "GUN"

Maxpedition versapacks make nice Murses (man purse)

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 05-15-2010 at 09:40 PM..

Old 05-18-2010, 12:49 PM

17,207 posts, read 57,035,276 times
Keep in mind this guy is a Canuck, they are not as big on fighting back as we are. Not near as big on taking care of themselves as Texans anyway. When you live between the US (friendly) and the North Pole (mostly empty) you can get away with being a pacifist.

+1 on Coranado Leather, although during summer it's rather hot for Texas. But they make really nice CCW vests and coats.

Not quite sure why you reject the "fanny pack" out of hand, for hot weather one that's designed for CCW (certainly not all are) is a decent way to carry during hot weather.

In general Dillon's Blue Press has a lot of CCW clothing.

It is hard to conceal really well in hot weather. Particularly if you are not linebacker-sized.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:58 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,908,830 times
Some of those shirts and jackets look like it would be difficult to reach your gun if you needed it quickly. I wear a Crossbreed Holsters > Home SuperTuck Deluxe every day. After a week, I did not even notice it any more. In the summer I leave my shirt un-tucked. With jeans, I tuck in my shirt. Having to un-tuck my shirt adds about 1/2 second to my draw time.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:22 PM

301 posts, read 1,546,421 times
I have a couple of the t-shirts all ready mentioned.They work OK with a light weight pistol.And the shirt has to fit tight.They won't carry my 40 at all.Major sag.I like my rear pocket 22.I also found at a local gun show.A holester that clips to your belt and the pistol hangs inside your jeans(what ever you wear)just to the side of your equipment for guys.You need to have baggy pants.I have a single shot 45/410 really cool.So check out the gun shows.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,081,989 times
I have a great jacket made by Sig Sauer with huge pockets in the inside with elastic bands to hold about any sized pistol. Sig-Tac is the their clothing brand, I think. (I'd include a link buy my employer has a nanny device on internet browsing that prohibits fire arms related sites.)

Other than that, I'd recommend a good holster and loose clothes. A decent holster that holds it high on the belt and close to the body just behind your hip should be able to conceal it. I have been pleased with my Don Hume leather and Blade-Tec's polymer holsters. (You may want a polymer if you're going to be sweating in the heat with it on.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting