Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:29 AM

218 posts, read 455,001 times

Advertisements

No wonder you get screwed over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 AM

Newsflash: It wasn't my ladies who inspired the thread....it's clients like you *rolls eyes*

Old 10-02-2010, 08:08 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Who said anything about stiffing anyone?

Also...honey...this city is huge. Trust me, none of the stylists will know who I am. And if I have a bad experience with a stylist at one salon, I never return to that salon period...even to use a different stylist. So...

Also, I fail to see how it's my fault that the last two stylists I've used could not even manage to cut the hair the same length on both sides of my head. I think you need to check the 'tude and admit that I've just had bad luck and that I'm not the raging b**** that I'm sure you assume I am.
You did. You said you don't always tip. And clearly I'm not the one with the 'tude in this thread.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
You did. You said you don't always tip. And clearly I'm not the one with the 'tude in this thread.
Thanx Sophialee! No, you have no 'tude. Just realistic

Old 10-02-2010, 08:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Actually I've only not tipped once. I'll go ahead and split the thread 'tude award between you and saywha.

Just go ahead and go through life making uninformed assumptions about all people and all situations just to suit your own agenda. See how far that gets you.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:00 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
6.) I really really dislike stylists who don't like to talk while I'm in the chair. I prefer my stylists to be chatty. If you're not friendly and you just sit there stone-faced and cut my hair and act like conversing with me is a big pain in the butt, I won't be back. And I won't recommend you to others.
i don't have a stylist, but a barber. now what's wrong with sitting in silence? make my head look good and do it as quickly as possible. that's my only requirement

Old 10-02-2010, 11:02 AM

85 posts, read 104,961 times
To the folks raking the OP over the coals, damn straight. You go right on being prickly - as well as offering up your broad-brush assumptions about all situations that aren't yours and all people who aren't you. It feels good to be superior, doesn't it?

I guess the OP also missed the memo stating that only professional-class people were allowed to start threads complaining about their jobs. I guess city-data should get some board cops and start requiring income verifications to register an account.

Last edited by Mrs. Burberry; 10-02-2010 at 11:11 AM..

Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Burberry View Post
To the folks raking the OP over the coals, damn straight. You go right on being prickly - as well as offering up your broad-brush assumptions about all situations that aren't yours and all people who aren't you. It feels good to be superior, doesn't it?
Au contraire, the most that's happened is that people who sit in the chair are voicing their opinions back - based upon their perspective of having sat in the chair. However, if the OP did not want any sort of negative feedback on her rant, perhaps it might have been best to find a "Hairstylist" forum.

The only thing I asked of this stylist is why she would find a drawn version of a unique and "not normal" style to be different than pointing to a picture and mentioning half a dozen modifications - then being blind to the in-progress portion of the style. Her response was equivalent to "hurr durr, I'm just here to complain, I don't have to explain why I would call that obnoxious.." At that point, I figured the conversation was done. Minus, of course, pointing out that people only prefer cash tips so that they can lie about their amount and reduce the amount of tax they pay.

Now, a cousin of mine is a hairstylist and we were laughing about this thread over the weekend. To quote her: "I went to school to learn how to perform magic with hair. I don't care how a customer shows or tells me what they want, just as long as both of us are happy with the results. Any stylist who feels otherwise should stick to Super Cuts so that they can just copy and paste pre-done styles."

Old 10-04-2010, 08:19 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
Quote:
I haven't seen a stylist charge $30 for a cut and style around here in a while. Unless you go the Fantastic Sams/SuperCuts/Great Clips route, you're usually looking at at least $50 per cut easy. If you want more money for the service you provide, then why don't you just charge more?

I provide a service for a living as well (I'm a database programmer but the overwhelming majority of what I do is internal customer-facing) and I sure as heck don't get any tips. I don't even get a thank you most of the time. And I don't make $100 an hour or anything. I make about $45-$50 an hour. Nobody brings me cookies or coffee either. Most of the time I just get people complaining at me. Explain why I shouldn't get a tip?
You make 45-50$ an HOUR but wont pay 50$ for a haircut? A higher percentage of the population has to work at least 3hours to pay for a standard haircut but you think it is too much to work 1 hour, possibly 30mins, to pay for a quality haircut? makes no sense to me

Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,846 times
i have one lady who i love to go and see she does men regular facial and head shaveing for men and i get a shave and my head shave and trim on the eyebows and ears and few other things and it runs me about $.125.oo with tip ..to me she worth it ..she does think it funny that i stop talking to her when she has the saight razor in her hand and moveing up near the throat area to start to shave my face.... she tells me that i guess i have a lot of problems with the ex when she finish ..she is one of the few females i will let near me with a saight razor in there hands..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care