Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 06:41 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,756 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I have a couple ingrown hairs on my face from shaving, they are dark marks very tiny like a pimple, I popped them when they were lumpy. at least Im 90% sure they are from shaving

how do I get rid of them? some say they will fade over time? what do you guys know? I tried google, but nothing helped that much

anyone with real practical experience with them?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Hi everyone I have a couple ingrown hairs on my face from shaving, they are dark marks very tiny like a pimple, I popped them when they were lumpy. at least Im 90% sure they are from shaving

how do I get rid of them? some say they will fade over time? what do you guys know? I tried google, but nothing helped that much

anyone with real practical experience with them?

thanks
I'm confused... Didn't the hair come out when you popped them? Are they dark because the hair is still in or because those spots are scars now?

You can try holding your head over some herbs steaming in water (like chamomile, for instance) till your face gets really sweaty. That opens your pores and it'd easier to pop that stuff. Massaging the spots with some oil - like almond or olive oil - may help, too. If none of this works, you may want to try a professional facial.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:21 PM

are the dark marks scars? or do will they fade

Old 01-30-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
are the dark marks scars?
Umm... that's what I was asking YOU! Are you sure there isn't still hair inside?

Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,421,006 times
The easiest way to get rid of ingrown hairs is to use a product called Tend Skin. It is pricey but you just need a tiny bit on a cotton ball and dab the ingrown hair. Do that after every time you wash your face or shower and it will be gone in no time. A bottle will last year for years.

Buy Tend Skin Liquid, For Men and Women Online at drugstore.com

Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 AM

I think the hair is gone, but I have a mark there, Im curious is how do I get rid of it? will it fade?

Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Umm... that's what I was asking YOU! Are you sure there isn't still hair inside?

pretty sure yes

Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,883 times
Quote:
I think the hair is gone, but I have a mark there, Im curious is how do I get rid of it? will it fade?
No one can give you the answer, only time will tell. If you have had marks on your face before and they disappeared, then maybe it will again this time. Maybe. There really is no yes or no answer. I have acne scars and a few ingrown hair marks on my body. Some have faded completley, some faded somewhat, some are still hanging around as dark as ever.

If you were very rough when removing the hair and had some bleeding, I think it will most likely leave a scar. There really isn't any real trick to getting rid of them. Some people try homemade remedies like lemon juice, others try dangerous skin lightening creams. I just wash, exfoliate, and moisturize my skin and hope that over time the scars will fade. Doing this for a while, my face appears to be better since my acne has decreased as well.

One major thing you can do is stop shaving. I stopped shaving "down there" and my ingrown hairs have stopped 100%. The dark marks from them have faded a bit as well.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
pretty sure yes
These spots usually fade with time... There are some products on the market for old scars. You may want to try one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care