Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 12:49 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Organix ® Beauty. Pure & Simple

Ok after picking up and putting down the 30$ kinerase again...lol

I saw this little blue bottle and remembered all the argan oil buzz in here and on the web in general.It was only 7 bucks and I liked the scent so I thought I would give it a try. I only got the shampoo and combined it with my aussie 3 min miracle (as I was using that before). It says its sulfate free but lathered up just fine. Other sulfate free things have left my hair flat and dull. I wonder if the "failed product" reviews are from people with really hard water? I know sulfate free shampoos just have a problem working in that water.

I am going back for the whole line of it! My hair was very curly afterwards and as you curled ladies know its a good sign when your naturally curly hair curls instead of limps out or frizzes. The shine just from the shampoo is nice too. It looks like I put a shine serum in it.

I had the boyfriend do the double check to ask if it was softer or just in my head and he agreed it was much softer. If I could compare it to anything: before it felt like ethnic hair that gets stiff and dry from over straitening. Now it actually feels silky.

I saw mixed reviews online about this product and it seems to be a hit or miss with people. But for 7 bucks its worth a try if you are shampoo shopping. It doesn't have an overly feminine scent so you can always pass it off to your guy if it doesnt work for you.

Has anyone tried anything else from this line?

p.s. my hair type is naturally curly, fine, thin in certain areas(doesnt do well with heavy products without looking like that lord of the rings troll ), virgin (no color), mixed (some white wire in there), short (after the last big chop)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 02:07 PM

22,855 posts, read 6,437,988 times
I have Vanilla silk,
Cherry blossom ginseng,
Coconut milk,
Teatree mint,
& Pomegranate green tea.

I have short, fine, oily hair.
All of them work fine for me.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:14 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I just bought the plain oil and I have been adding it to shampoo/conditioner/skin cream. It actually made a difference!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 PM

19,716 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I tried it a couple months ago. I liked it and noticed a difference at first, but then not so much afterwards. It seemed like I had to wash my hair more often...which I kind of dread because my hair is long and thick, and takes forever to dry/flat iron, style, etc...

I do still use the oil treatment in that line, which I really love, and it smells great!

I'm experimenting w/ the Organix line and now moved onto Shea Butter!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:25 PM

I am sorta addicted to washing my hair so thats good news. LOL! How long did it take about? A whole bottles worth?
I did notice that this morning I finally have too much oil on my hair again in the morning so I don't have to precondition and then wash.

I want to get the body stuff too after trying this. I sniffed everything at the store and those do smell really good but not overly perfurmed.

I also saw a new thing on the website that was a keratin treatment type for killing frizz and adding strength. I wonder which is going to be more suited to growing out my hair. I am just so happy though about not having a dry rats nest. The extra oil feels light too and not dirty greasy. I could brush it out with a boar hair brush but my hair is too fragile right now.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 AM
npz

208 posts, read 323,549 times
I haven't seen this brand yet. I did see a Macadamia Oil range - has anyone tried that??

Old 05-26-2011, 06:35 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,204 times
Yep - this is actually the brand that I started using. I too have naturally curly color treated hair. I had the oil that they sold in salons MOROCCANOIL - Salon Products - Hair Conditioning Products but after examining the ingredients of the Organix brand the Moroccan Oil brand, I found that they were the exact same ingredients.

The difference being - spending $30 or spending $7 ....
I'll take the $7

Old 05-26-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
after examining the ingredients of the Organix brand the Moroccan Oil brand, I found that they were the exact same ingredients.

The difference being - spending $30 or spending $7 ....
I'll take the $7
Good to know! Thanks!

Old 05-26-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I am sorta addicted to washing my hair so thats good news. LOL! How long did it take about? A whole bottles worth?
The bottles lasted me almost 2 months I think, though I'm sure it varies, I have super thick long hair, so I usually end up using more in the shower.

I was having some problems with the conditioner, it was really hard to get the tangles out and I had to use more and more...So it went quicker than the shampoo. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I also saw a new thing on the website that was a keratin treatment type for killing frizz and adding strength. I wonder which is going to be more suited to growing out my hair. I am just so happy though about not having a dry rats nest. The extra oil feels light too and not dirty greasy. I could brush it out with a boar hair brush but my hair is too fragile right now.

I saw this too, I looked up some reviews on youtube and turns out it's a chemical treatment you leave in your hair for 48hrs plus you have to use a flat iron to set your hair straight. I'm kinda sketchy when it comes to stuff like that...

Though I wonder if just the shampoo & conditioner work alright on their own...?

Old 05-29-2011, 07:19 PM

Well the stuff is on sale at my local giant eagle so maybe check for sales in your area. I got almost 3 bucks off the stuff which made it around 4 bucks a bottle. I picked up the conditioner and leave in oil. The conditioner made my hair feel like I colored it. But towards the end of the day it was not as hydrated. But combined with the oil it lasted all day and made my hair much softer. The boyfriend even noticed the softness factor. My scalp is a lot more comfortable too.

When my hair gets sick of this shampoo (as we all know you have to rotate) I am going to try that straitening line from the same company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care