Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:41 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times

Advertisements

I've got about the same color. I used John Freida Foam Color. It was the Deep Cherry Brown. I had light brown color with blond highlights and it gave me red highlights in the blond highlight area. I liked the results! It's hard to say...how about trying a semi permanent color (30 day) type of hair color to try it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 03:29 PM

138 posts, read 269,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
I went grey at 18; before that my hair was mouse-brown. No way I was going to be grey in my 20's! So I dyed my hair a dark auburn - for 35 years. I had it professionally done most of the time, but touched up the roots myself. Everyone thought it was my natural color! I always hunted for the 'red' shampoos - they used to make a great one with sienna that would keep the color from going brassy or too red (sigh). I loved it. I hope you do too!

You may have to change your makeup colors a bit; I found that a redwine lipstick looked much better than a red red, for example.
I also went grey (or what I call silver) at a young age. So I also dye mine. Its funny my daughter is 21 and she is so scared of going grey....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care