U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-05-2011, 05:23 PM

5,279 posts, read 5,708,331 times

Advertisements

I looked at their website and see the "anti dandruff" gray bottles, and it implies they are for men, with a guy next to the photo of the bottle.

I see green, red, and gray bottles.

Any of the green bottles "anti dandruff" too,

or are the gray bottles for men?

and the green for women and kids?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM

1,781 posts, read 1,942,961 times
I've used their different products in the green bottles - it's ok, I don't think they work any better/worse than any other non-salon brand. I've only bought them because they often have good coupons out there and they work out free at the various drugstores from time to time...

Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I've used their different products in the green bottles - it's ok, I don't think they work any better/worse than any other non-salon brand. I've only bought them because they often have good coupons out there and they work out free at the various drugstores from time to time...
so all their products are for men and women?

I just noticed their website showed the new gray bottles
saying "anti dandruff" were for men.

I found no "anti dandruff" in the green bottles.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Hmm - I guess I'm not sure what your question is . Are you asking if the green bottles are formulated for women or if they are marketed towards women?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Status: "It's peanut-butter-jelly time, peanut-butter-jelly time!" (set 22 days ago)

7,003 posts, read 4,047,140 times
I don't see why there'd be a difference in what men and women could use, I guess I'll have to pay attention. I myself don't use their shampoos/conditioners, but have on occasion used their hair-dyes and have no complaints about that.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:51 PM

If you go to their website, you see the new anti dandruff in the gray bottles associated with men.
Suggesting the gray bottles are for men.

Are any of the green bottles anti dandruff?
Do women and men use the shampoo in the green bottles?

Elsewhere, someone said their husband does not use any of the shampoo in the green bottles because it gives their hair a female aroma.
The husband uses a different brand.

If you go to their website and look around, you see nothing but women associated with the green bottles of shampoo. And you only see men associates with the gray bottles.
It implies green bottles may be for women and kids and gray bottles for men.

As someone else suggested, the use of coupons, I was going to get 10 bottles.
If the shampoo in the green bottles is not for men, then I need to pass until the Garnier in the gray bottles are on sale.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:06 PM

I guess I still don't understand - I think shampoo is shampoo - I don't think that there is man-shampoo or woman shampoo (or soap or toothpaste, or shaving cream or whatever).

I don't remember the products as having a flowery scent or anything.

In our house, yes - men and women use the green bottles. ( or whatever color bottle is on sale/rebare/coupons)

Old 08-10-2011, 02:21 PM

5,320 posts, read 6,750,602 times
Men and women can use both, but shampoos and soaps targeted at men usually have less of a foo foo smell.
Some men don don't care if their hair smells like coconuts or cherries or lemon grass or whatever. Some men do, and prefer the more traditional 'clean' or neutral scent found in men's shampoos.
Dandruff shampoos are aimed at both sexes and generally go for a more neutral or slightly medicinal smell.
Sounds like you need to go to the store and give the bottles a sniff test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care