Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:14 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coddie View Post
American Crew Forming Cream. It's made for men, but whatever. It gives your hair some weight and keeps it in place. I apply it to dry hair as a finishing cream.
I've used this. Its really good for fly aways. Just have to remember to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the build up. That GVP stuff I mentioned in the other thread is similar to this but less stiff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 08:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
This may sound strange, but what about a dryer sheet? Just a couple swipes? I was just thinking outside the box Good Luck!
I read about this and tried it, but it didn't work for me... Of course, it's worth trying... It's free!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I use a little smoothing lotion while my hair is somewhat damp, and then I usually braid it. My hair goes all Hermione Granger (the early years) when it's dry. Sometimes I fantasize about chopping it off myself with scissors in a fit of exasperation.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I use a little smoothing lotion while my hair is somewhat damp, and then I usually braid it. My hair goes all Hermione Granger (the early years) when it's dry. Sometimes I fantasize about chopping it off myself with scissors in a fit of exasperation.
This hair does look nice and frizzy!

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4...nger_super.jpg

Old 01-05-2012, 12:16 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
I really recommend this deep conditioning treatment: Amazon.com: Bain De Terre Jasmine 2-Minute Intense Conditioner (8.45 oz.): Beauty

It says it's a two-minute treatment but I have left it in all night with no problems. It smells like jasmine. It really soothes those flyaways and makes your hair really soft and shiny.

I use pure cold-pressed coconut oil or olive oil as a face and body moisturizer, and sometimes right after my shower while I still have damp hair I will put a bit of either one of those oils in my hair as well. I concentrate mainly on the ends and just a quick bit near the roots. That's lovely, too.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:40 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,151,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotavele View Post
Personally i'm a male with shoulder length hair. My hair has a pretty big fly away problem as well. After I shower, I use a really cheap Anti-Frizz Serum (Zero Frizz 100% Rescue Corrective Hair Serum, Picture included at the bottom). Now it works mildly on dry hair or air dried hair, but I deeply suggest putting it in your hair after you get out of the shower. Put a moderate (not too much, but a good bit) then immediately blow-dry your hair. Your hair should be smooth but maybe a bit frizzy, i flat iron my hair after that and it seems to be extremely straight and with barely any fly aways. I then use a mild-controlled hair gel (Aveda Men Pure-Formance Grooming Cream) although you may want to use another form of pliable holding gel. That should be enough to tape down those annoying fly aways!

Walmart.com: Zero Frizz 100% Rescue Corrective Hair Serum, 5 oz: Hair Care

Aveda Men Pure-Formanceā„¢ Grooming Cream > Men > Hair Care > Aveda
Thank you for your suggestions. I did buy an aussie Anti-Frizz gel which actually helps quite a bit.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:18 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. I did buy an aussie Anti-Frizz gel which actually helps quite a bit.
If you do start to frizz again on that try using a clarifying shampoo and a deep conditioning treatment. Then go back to it. Olive oil can work just fine as a deep conditioner if you have it on hand. Just saturate on dry clean hair and leave in for an hour. Wrap in plastic + towel if its really dry. Your head's heat can help it sink in.

Its the product build up from those types of things that just happens and causes the frizz/dryness.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
I've also read that coloring your hair with henna over a period of time will make your hair smooth and help stop the frizz. Henna is supposed to condition and nourish the hair while most other conventional hair treatments and products strip and destroy the hair.

I haven't tried it yet, but I know a few women now who have and it seems to work for them. I have been considering trying LUSH henna...

LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics | USA

There are even videos on youtube you can watch where LUSH people show you how to use the henna to color your hair and show you before/after photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care