U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 PM

3,657 posts, read 4,644,060 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of trying clip-in extensions, has anyone tried these? I'm going on vacation and would like a new look! But I don't want to get a damaging weave.
I've watched videos on youtube about putting them in, but I still wonder if they are that easy and if they look natural. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions or experiences with clip-ins they could share? I'm african american-(doesn't make a difference, just thought I'd mention)!
thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 01:32 PM

7,373 posts, read 7,401,926 times
Yes, they are very easy and will look natural if you match your color and texture. I love them.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:14 PM

1,193 posts, read 877,963 times
They can be really good or really bad lol Shirleybeniang has a great tutorial on youtube.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:42 AM

3,657 posts, read 4,644,060 times
thanks guys!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:07 AM

20,496 posts, read 16,828,337 times
Lol Ive actually looked at them just for kicks, and was thinking of trying one on, at a beauty place not long ago. Problem was, all of them were shorter than my hair already is....Im waist length!
They probably look really good though, if you put one oon correctly.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:57 AM

5 posts, read 2,385 times
I make my own. Don't buy the ones with several pieces this can be very tricky to put in, and very uncomfortable! I use human hair and sew it together 4 rows thick add the clips and put them in. I use one row temple to temple, and at times, one narrow one at the nape of the neck. Back comb hair and apply a hard hold hairspray where clips go in to keep from slipping out. The nice thing about making your own is they fit perfectly. No one ever knows I'm wearing extra hair.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 AM

1,968 posts, read 4,492,448 times
Yes, I use them all the time. I've bought the sets that have several pieces, they are way too much work for me. My latest favorite is the ken paves line. It's one piece with several clips and very easy. I buy the synthetic ones and they work great for me.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:12 AM

4 posts, read 1,453 times
If you are new with hair extenisons, the clip in is the best choice. It is very easy. And you can do it by yourself. For the micro loop, you have to got to hair salon and ask for a hair stylish for help which is very expensive. In my experience, you can try with the clip in step by step. It is very easy And then you will love it. For the question, whether they look natural, it depends on the color and the weight of the clip in you choose. That is really important. I hope this will be helpful for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I'm thinking of trying clip-in extensions, has anyone tried these? I'm going on vacation and would like a new look! But I don't want to get a damaging weave.
I've watched videos on youtube about putting them in, but I still wonder if they are that easy and if they look natural. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions or experiences with clip-ins they could share? I'm african american-(doesn't make a difference, just thought I'd mention)!
thanks!

Old 03-09-2014, 05:25 AM

8 posts, read 3,559 times
My hair is thin and the clips show through my hair. Clip-in hair extensions are not for everyone.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 PM

Location: Santa saw your Facebook pictures. Youre getting clothes and a Bible for Christmas.
1,837 posts, read 3,705,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inafunk2 View Post
My hair is thin and the clips show through my hair. Clip-in hair extensions are not for everyone.

Im not sure where she got it but I used to know a lady who had a type of wiglet that had an open weave mesh base. She placed it on top of her hair like a hat. Then she pulled pieces of hair thru the open mesh with a crochet hook. It looked really natural. Not wiglike at all. I dont think it would work on longer hair though. Maybe if it was shorter on top. Probably have the same problems as frosting with a cap and crochet hook.

Ive have looked at the clip ins but they just dont match my fine hair texture. I do have a braid that I use to beef up my bun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care