Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
If you were a darkskin Black woman, who has been scrutinized for how she wears her hair, you'd be mad defensive too.

Just be lucky you are a man.

stop playing mindgames. you have to be blind to think Rihanna and the OP are the same complexion. rihanna is very pale. the OP is a toasty brown.

Okay, I empathize with you. However I wish you would learn to empathize with black women. Something a lot of black men have a hard time doing
For gosh sakes, take a missile sized chill pill. You've gone from psycho "woes is me" to psycho "you're all a bunch of racists!" You are much more racist against yourself than 80% of the population.

It's not like Brittney Spears hasn't been taken to task for bad weaves... or tons of other celebrities for bad and un-natural hair choices.

As to the OP? I think she is a fabulous looking girl. Is she flirting with becoming a barbie caricature? Yes. She was very attractive before blow-up boobies - personally I'm not sure why she made that choice. But it is hers to make.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Because how other people perceive me affects my livelihood. It determines how I will be treated by society
Mostly your attitude determines how you will be treated in society.

When I go out in a pissy mood, generally I am treated poorly; when I go out in a good mood, generally I am treated very well.

But you're not going to get that.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
But there is a completely different race of women representing me in the media. that is outright wrong.
Honey, I'm Mexican and Swedish. AIN'T nobody representing me in the media either....

thing is, I could care less.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
There are lots of women on here.
I think we need to ask men what do they like.
The truth of the matter is,everyone wants to look good for the opposite sex.
I could have confidence,a great attitude,and think I look good,but if its not attracting the opposite sex,its not all good then.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Honey, I'm Mexican and Swedish. AIN'T nobody representing me in the media either....

thing is, I could care less.
The thing is this: there were whole studies done on the unattractiveness of black women.
That stuff hasn't happened to any other group.
What I think Nyanna is alluding to is this:
What is she supposed to do,sit back and watch every other race of women get praised while hers get attecked?
That they are supposed to just let everyone else critisizing them,telling them what to do,how to act,how to look even if it isn't in their phenotype. Every other race of women getting married and treated great while black women are supposed to be happy for them.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The thing is this: there were whole studies done on the unattractiveness of black women.
That stuff hasn't happened to any other group.
What I think Nyanna is alluding to is this:
What is she supposed to do,sit back and watch every other race of women get praised while hers get attecked?
That they are supposed to just let everyone else critisizing them,telling them what to do,how to act,how to look even if it isn't in their phenotype. Every other race of women getting married and treated great while black women are supposed to be happy for them.
Sorry but I have to stop you here....

Its not about what "others" are saying about Black women...its about what she says to herself. Its about the narrative that she chooses to believe. If she thinks that she is ugly then she will confront the world with ugliness. If she believes that she is unloveable then she will be unloved. If she believes that she is not desireable then she will not be desired. If a woman knows that she is attractive then random strangers can call her ugly all day long and it does not change a thing about how she feels about herself.

Sadly, Black women who do not know (or do not understand) their worth are very susceptible to the mind games involving black women and our beauty. But there are just far too many dark skinned Black women (beautiful and otherwise) who have husbands/boyfriends/lovers who are powerful, famous, millionaires, multimillionaires, even billionaires and royalty for me to buy into this nonsense.

Just as an example, there are more Black women who are married to (and/or have acknowledged children with) European royals than any other race of women (aside from Caucasians).

Prince Maximillian of Liechtenstein and his wife Princess Angela (with their son)

The Honorable James Lascelles, 1st cousin of the Queen Elizabeth, is married to a black woman, Joy Elias-Rilwan (pic below), who is also a member of the Yoruba noble family of Elias of Lagos (and his brother Martin David Lascelles is married to a Jamaican woman Charmaine Christine Eccleston)

Prince Albert of Monaco (with Nicole Coste, the mother of his son)

Ferdinand Leopold Joseph Count von Habsburg of Austria and his wife Mary

HSH Prince Carl Alexander of Hohenzollern (and his wife Corinna Nehemie)

Christian Louis Baron de Massy of Monaco (with his wife Cecile and their children)

Old 09-07-2012, 12:37 AM

Whoa, Calipoppy I didn't even know that.
Wow. That really should lift her spirits.

To be fair,I think Nyanna is blamimg the wrong people.
To be quite honest,I see more black men bash black women than anyone else.

I aslo wonder what she was taught at home.
Did her parents praise light skin girls in front of her?
Did they tell her she was beautiful?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:01 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
why does everyone ignore black girls who look like this? i have a phenotype like hers. why can't mine be embraced?

She is mind numbingly gorgious.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:35 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
I notice OP has disappeared and certain factions are turning her hair murdering into a race issue.

It's not.

Close it down.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 AM

41 posts, read 58,392 times
This thread needs to be closed down. That is all I have to say about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care