U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM

5,148 posts, read 5,122,674 times
Default Silk Elements Semi-Permanent Hair Color?

Has anyone in here used this?

Its on sale and for the price I really want to just try it. I was really happy with this brands conditioners. They made my hair shine enough that people noticed and asked what it was. Its marketed for ethnic hair but works well on my naturally wavy/curly hair. (the conditioning treatments)

I liked what I saw for color selection online. They look like some nice natural browns.

Anyway...I could only find reviews for the perm version in this line.
If anyone knows where there may be more reviews post that too.

Thanks!

The dye:
Silk Elements - Silk Elements Semi-Permanent Hair Color Dark Warm Brown

The conditioner I really liked:
Silk Elements - Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment 16 oz.

(they do have small 99 cent packs too if you want to try it)
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM

Ok well so I tried it. I ended up buying the black because that was what was in stock at my local sally's.
I let it sit as directed and did not apply heat or a head wrap just to see if it would grab the white hair.

I love this color. Its not a goth black but just a rich deep brown.
The only place it had issue grabbing color was at my temple where even perm color sometimes doesn't grab.
Since its a demi I re-applied it there and gave it a blast of heat as directed for more holding power.
Totally took.

Since it is marketed for ethnic hair, it may of been why it did not come out as dark as pictured.
But its a really nice brown.
It also added that same glass shine that their conditioners add. Its combating frizz nicely and doesn't feel dry at all.
It actually feels more glossy and I didn't even follow it up with a deep conditioner as I wanted to test out if it made my hair dry.

Definite repurchase.

I have washed it a couple times and it hasn't instantly washed out but it looks like it will fade nicely.

My base color: virgin hair, medium ash brown mixed with blonde and white here and there
Skin tone: Neutral, prone to look sallow with the certain hair colors. (too warm or too cool)

If you have hair to your chin and thick I would get at least two bottles. It sort of acts like a conditioner and the hair drinks it in.

I got it on my scalp too. No irritation for me.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:51 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd of course sallys no longer carries it. I swear this is like a curse for me. I always find the perfect dark brown and then it goes away. Found it on amazon though. Would prefer to just be able to grab it at the store. Maybe a local family store carries it. SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care