Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women over 40 should cut their long hair
Real Long Hair looks great no matter how old you are 43 62.32%
Cut your hair short once you reach 40 26 37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I do believe that some women, over 45, should have a shorter hairstyle and maybe go blondish or a lighter color. Because the lighter haircolors do camouflage the grey that will be growing when you do get older.
Why would I want to camouflage the grey hairs? I earned them, why not be proud and show them off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 05:10 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I do believe that some women, over 45, should have a shorter hairstyle and maybe go blondish or a lighter color. Because the lighter haircolors do camouflage the grey that will be growing when you do get older.

It's nice to get a haircut 1 time a year or so. I have since I was 19. I just wanted to look more grownup. When I was younger, my hair used to be down to my hips!! But that would not work for me these days, with all the running/jogging I do now, the hot desert environment I live in now, and the simplicity of my lifestyle these days. It just works out better to have shorter hair.

My hair is pretty close to my shoulders now and it's nice on me. I would never do the pixie cut (that's just to boyish/mannish for me). I don't go no shorter than like Lisa Rinna. Like her haircut, I'll go that short, but no shorter than that.
Hate to break it to ya, but Lisa's hair IS a pixie.....

Greenchili

Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
I hate that bob, khakis, senisble shoes look - over 45's let you hair go long and flowing, show off your sexy shape, - you are at your peak.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Wow..what's so great about being conformist? Just because someone is a certain age doesn't mean she needs to conform to the OP...everyone is different,some women look great in a pixie,some look wonderful with long hair..Connie Selleca is beautiful,still has long dark hair.....

Old 07-16-2009, 07:22 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Hate to break it to ya, but Lisa's hair IS a pixie.....

Greenchili

Uh...no it is not.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Wow..what's so great about being conformist? Just because someone is a certain age doesn't mean she needs to conform to the OP...everyone is different,some women look great in a pixie,some look wonderful with long hair..Connie Selleca is beautiful,still has long dark hair.....
I love the way you think on that. Just my point. Age should not be a determinant of hairstyle. I started watching the sitcom Reba and she was over 45 with long red hair, and looked good doing it too. Sometimes conforming is not a good thing, especially for the soul and the self-being. I learned that as a teenager that sometimes conformity isn't a good thing and I learn to be myself in other ways. For the women out there who don't grow their hair long because some people might consider it "age inappropriate", do your own thing and don't worry about those ugly words.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:51 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Uh...no it is not.
If its the woman on Dancin with the stars,what would you call her cut?
Its really short,and sure looked liked what I would call a pixie?????

Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
It is not really short...It is a shag style not a pixie.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:56 AM

132 posts, read 304,606 times
Jane Seymour is quite some years past 40 and she has long hair. I think women should keep longer hair, whatever their age it can look wonderful if it's healthy and taken good care of. So many women decided to chop off their hair at a certain age and I have to tell you they look mannish.

I'm black and I once had a short afro. I didn't look mannish, but I had lesbians chasing me all over town. As flattering as that was LOL it wasn't at all helpful since I don't swing that way : )

Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Crystal Gayle looks great with long hair. She has had long hair since she first sang her 70,s country song hit " Dont it make my brown eyes blue".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care