Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women over 40 should cut their long hair
Real Long Hair looks great no matter how old you are 43 62.32%
Cut your hair short once you reach 40 26 37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 PM

97 posts, read 369,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bungle View Post
I Think I Think I Think I ThinkI ThinkI Think I Think I Think
that some people think too much....
ru taking the ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 02:21 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,200,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm not cutting mine. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.
I'm not cutting mine til i'm 90. lol By then it should be to my feet.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,629,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Back in the 1970s when I was young, many women had long hair. It got started in the hippie era of the late 1960s and continued well into the 1980s. Trouble is many of these women who grew up with the long hair in the 60s and 70s are now Grandmas and no longer look all that great with super long hair. Though they still look at themselves as young hippie girls from 1970s- instead of the middle aged women they are today.

I say cut your hair into something more fitting to your age and situation. Agree or disagree?

You sound just like my mother. When I turned 30 she told me to cut my hair, at 40 she told me that "Women over 40 should not have long hair." Now that I'm 50 she's beside herself. What difference does it make? Her hair is 1/4" to 1/2" long all over her head and she likes it that way. Mine is below my shoulders and my DH, kids, and I like it that way. Can't we all just let people have the length of hair they want?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,925,504 times
I like it! That "young hippie girl" thing.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:56 AM

489 posts, read 1,951,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I am in my 40's. I have long hair. I had short hair when I was younger & hated it. I will never voluntarily cut my hair short. I think short hair on any age woman is un-feminine.
The key with short hair is that it is not too short and cut in longer layers that frame the face (not the short "butch" cut on top). Women with baby fine thin hair (like myself) look much better with this type of "long short hair" than long stringy hair. Not every woman can grow thick long "feminine" hair. I think to say that a woman with fine hair who simply is unable to have long hair because of the type of hair she has is "unfeminine" is a bit harsh.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:49 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,521,925 times
Long hair is great at any age, but some women get it way, WAY too long though! Now that's too long! Those are normally that let themselves go too long.

Get regular trims every 100 days and maybe a haircolor done every 4-6 months to keep it fresh, if you're going to keep your hair long.

And don't get it too, too long. You're not 10 years old anymore and it's looks a little childish when it passes your lower back...Sorry, but that's what some look like to me.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:51 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,521,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
The key with short hair is that it is not too short and cut in longer layers that frame the face (not the short "butch" cut on top). Women with baby fine thin hair (like myself) look much better with this type of "long short hair" than long stringy hair. Not every woman can grow thick long "feminine" hair. I think to say that a woman with fine hair who simply is unable to have long hair because of the type of hair she has is "unfeminine" is a bit harsh.
My short hair is very, ultra-feminine. Who ever said it isn't, hasn't lived...Why stay a boring long length all the damn time?! It gets boring after a while. Mine is cut in layers too and looks hot. I love it.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 AM

1,317 posts, read 5,258,461 times
Long hair doesnt have to be a "boring" look. I do many updo and styles
with mine. To me its easier than short hair. JMO

Greenchili

Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM

54,476 posts, read 33,769,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I need to give you points.
Uhmmm.. Power Surge, instead of giving me points, can you spare a few hairs?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM

24 posts, read 87,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Uhmmm.. Power Surge, instead of giving me points, can you spare a few hairs?

Hey there, Sexy! Funny, too! Sorry, couldn't resist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care