Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:38 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times

Advertisements

I would have to say it might depend on the guy, some guys can look pretty good with salt=pepper hair. Others might gray too early in life and need a touch-up here and there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 07:24 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I would have to say it might depend on the guy, some guys can look pretty good with salt=pepper hair. Others might gray too early in life and need a touch-up here and there.
<<<<<<I agree with whatever she said...lol....I was going to type the same opinion!!
Power Surge....Great minds think alike????
SCARY!!!! LOL

Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 AM

72,410 posts, read 18,197,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
<<<<<<I agree with whatever she said...lol....I was going to type the same opinion!!
Power Surge....Great minds think alike????
SCARY!!!! LOL
Me too! It all depends really!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Once I turned 50 I started to notice alot of gray hair and people started calling me old man. I noticed that I felt older also. I thought I would try to look younger by dying my normally brown hair. The lady at the hair salon dyed my gray hair black and I looked really silly. I had two options, shave it off and start fresh or wait a few months before new hair grew in. I waited.

Any other men dye their gray hair for vanity or to look younger so they can get a job? Women, would you like your husband to dye his hair?
im prayin that grey will once again become "in".

Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,018,408 times
On young guys gray can look good- but as one ages, and gravity begins to kick in on facial features, gray can make one look older; this holds true for both hair and beards, goatees etc.

My hair is still all there- I did not go bald- and my hair on top is mostly dark brown with some flicks of Grey- looks good. But my beard- another story, lots of Grey-uggh.

Having a beard now or goatee ages me-when I was younger it looked great. Dying takes work- and needs to be done weekly. I just have a soul patch now.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:32 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,129 times
In a word NO. I like natural hair colors, gray or not. Dyed hair,especially
on men just says "fake"

Old 11-13-2007, 11:45 AM

870 posts, read 3,081,296 times
Default I think NOT!

Gray hair on men - distinquished (?) Leave it natural....
Gray hair on women - ??

Funny how there is that "double standard" again!! If us girls don't dye our hair, then we are labeled as not caring about our appearance, but the guys look distinquished with their grays!

My dh has been graying since his early 20's and he looks great! I wouldn't want him to cover it up! But, I am definitely "hitting the bottle" so as to TRY and hide my silver locks! Vanity stikes again!!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,369,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Dyed hair,especially
on men just says "fake"
Dyed hair, in general, if done badly looks fake on men AND women... if it's done right, it can really compliment you.

Women have been dying and highlighting their hair for decades to add to or compliment their appearance. Men shouldn't be so afraid to follow suit.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
I don't have enough to dye....and Ron Popiels "hair in a can" is a little too....freeky for me

Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times
Hi, My hair now has gray and brown and I was thinking about dying it medium brown. I wonder how long does hair last before going back to my gary hair? I'm 47 and this gray started when I was 40. I have another problem and that is being bald on my front and on top. I have in past shaved my head bald and did this for over a two years and saved alot of haircuts.

John
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care