Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:55 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I have bright red hair with waves when it's longer and it looked just like Rocky Dennis from Mask..(the hair, not the face ).

Oh my God, that was soooo funny LMAO!!!!! Don't feel bad, when I get a sinus infection, my cheekbone area and nose swell up and I actually do look like Rocky Dennis

Anyway, my hair's long. It always has been except for a short period of time when my one girlfriend who was a hairdresser decided we all needed to look exactly alike with that medium hair tucked behind our ears (during the Friends period, when Monica's hair was shorter) and I hated every minute of it. I called it bubblehead because that's what the back looked like. I quickly learned to stop asking her for a trim because she'd only do what she wanted to anyway. So my hair's pretty much always been long (oh, except when I shaved the sides bald in high school one year...that's under another topic in here). It's been many different lengths and layers of long, many colors and highlighted quite frequently, but it'll be basically long hopefully forever.

Men with long hair (ahhhh, rockers, love 'em, except my husband has short hair....silly man)....did you ever notice that when a guy has long hair, it's so much healthier and more beautiful than a woman's? Why?!?!?!?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 04:35 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Men with long hair (ahhhh, rockers, love 'em, except my husband has short hair....silly man)....did you ever notice that when a guy has long hair, it's so much healthier and more beautiful than a woman's? Why?!?!?!?!?!

I know I dated a guy that had hair down to his butt and it was so beautiful. I don't think he ever did anything but wash it with cheap shampoo. People would come up to him all time and compliment his hair, meanwhile I would spend all kinds of money and time on mine and I'd get a compliment like twice a year.

My hair is long and blond thanks to Loreal. My boyfriend puts low lights in it, he does a great job.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:02 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,400 times
I have long hair and probably always will. I hate that mom, grandma short hair look. I am going to cut off about 4 inches this weekend but that will still leave it about bra strap on back level. I do have to dye it but only because I have premature gray. But I dye it my natural color of brownish red. I have dyed it every shade of red from high school up untill I was pregnant with my first child.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post

I know I dated a guy that had hair down to his butt and it was so beautiful. I don't think he ever did anything but wash it with cheap shampoo. People would come up to him all time and compliment his hair, meanwhile I would spend all kinds of money and time on mine and I'd get a compliment like twice a year.

My hair is long and blond thanks to Loreal. My boyfriend puts low lights in it, he does a great job.
Okay, so if he's your boyfriend, then he's not gay obviously....how can a straight man do hair that good!!!!! I've never heard of that LOL!!! Good for him. My husband is lucky he knows what a "pick" is for when I pick my wet hair out after a shower

Old 10-19-2006, 06:53 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Okay, so if he's your boyfriend, then he's not gay obviously....how can a straight man do hair that good!!!!! I've never heard of that LOL!!! Good for him. My husband is lucky he knows what a "pick" is for when I pick my wet hair out after a shower
Oh you think thats good, we' ll mine.... see I am still speechless on this one, I asked him to hand me my hair dryer,, he asked me what it looked like!!!! he has since then learned the value of my hair dryer...

Old 10-19-2006, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh you think thats good, we' ll mine.... see I am still speechless on this one, I asked him to hand me my hair dryer,, he asked me what it looked like!!!! he has since then learned the value of my hair dryer...

That's awesome LMAO....how does anyone NOT know what a hair dryer looks like?!?!?! I love it!!!! Maybe he should hang out with my husband (after all, he does know what the pick looks like...wooohooo).

Old 10-20-2006, 04:49 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
LOL.....I hope he doesn't read this, he may never do it again! Seriously, he's really great like that and the funny thing is, he shaves his head. Maybe that's why he does it, to play with some hair?

Old 10-20-2006, 11:03 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,889,285 times
I've always had long, naturally straight hair. Until I was 15, it was waist-length, mousey brown hair (& I do mean flat, ashy, mousey!) parted in the middle. Then after hairdressing school, where I was enlightened about/introducted to the wonders of chemicals, it's still been long but pretty much every color, save black. Goth looks great on my niece & her friends, but never would have suited me, except maybe at a Halloween party (if I can tolerate the pointing, laughing children & their parents!)

One of the hazards of being a hairdresser is that you will forever have a color addiction. Nothing can cure you, you must accept & embrace your life-long addiction. In my 20's, I actually colored my hair 3-times in 1-day - brown to blonde, back to brown then stripped it out to blonde again. Amazing that I have any hair at all! It's the most abused "entity" on the planet!

Now, it's elbow-length, light blonde & all I ask is that my friends please tell me when I look too old for long, blonde hair! The only thing worse could be if:

a) CNN reports that peroxide is no longer legal, or
b) Starbucks stops selling French Roast...

Other than that, I think I'll be just fine... Baltic_Celt

Oh, & in my straight-haired family, my mother treated straight hair like a disease - get rid of it as quickly as possible. My first perm was at age-3! I still remember crying - back in the days when perm solution smelled like rotten eggs. My last was at 31. Now I just accept & embrace my "straight hair affliction" along with my "color addiction".

Old 10-22-2006, 12:47 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I'm in my late 50's -- a real baby boomer -- and I still have long blonde hair that I tie back in a pony tail -- in a way, it's sort of that Mary of Peter, Paul and Mary look....but every time I cut it, I just seem to let it grow back. And I agree, a guy with long hair is very appealing -- I don't like that fresh, chopped look on a guy's head!
I'm 55 and up until a few years ago I had the '60's long hair. But I realized that unless I was at work I always kept it up one way or another. Finally i just went and got it cut, a half-inch long! I Love It! No more blow drying, combing, brushing, conditioner, etc. After a shower I just run my fingers through it and I'm done! I'm all for simplicity in my life. I haven't shaved my legs or underarms for decades and never wear a bra (except for horseback riding). Free At Last!

Old 10-22-2006, 01:00 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm 55 and up until a few years ago I had the '60's long hair. But I realized that unless I was at work I always kept it up one way or another. Finally i just went and got it cut, a half-inch long! I Love It! No more blow drying, combing, brushing, conditioner, etc. After a shower I just run my fingers through it and I'm done! I'm all for simplicity in my life. I haven't shaved my legs or underarms for decades and never wear a bra (except for horseback riding). Free At Last!
Fox, that was a lot of information ... !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care