Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 10:35 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,525,589 times

Advertisements

Hey, so i ve been letting my hair grow since year started, i havent been to the hairdresser since last year and im not planning to cut it, i LOVE my hair! It is dark brown, and slightly wavy. I take really good care of it (but could use some tips) and is now really starting to grow long, i ve never had it this long before.

So, my question is, summer is about to start here in the souther hemisphere (in my city the heat starts in november), and, every summer of my life before, i used my hair shorter and in a pony tail, but now, im using my hair long and loose! And the summer here is VERY hot, basically im gonna have to deal with 5 months with temps between 90f/100f and very hot nights! and that worries me!

Girls with long hair, how do you manage in the summer??? i have to take the subway, full of people, to go to work (120 f temps down there) and walk in the daytime with insanely hot temps under the sun. I have a/c in my house, but for all the other activities outdoors i will have to cope with my hair long and all that heat!!! what do u recommend? just using it in a bun all those months? What do i do with the washing? cause in winter/autumn i can easily wash it 3 times a week so it doesnt get ruined, but im afraid ill have to wash it more frequently in summer cause it will get dirty easily?

Im worried about all this things, does someone have a tip in to what to do? does someone with long hair live in a place with hot summers? what do u do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 10:57 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,193,525 times
My daughter has long, thick, wavy hair and lives in Indonesia where the humidity is 100 percent year round. She pulls it back in a ponytail or bun most of the time, and washes it pretty much daily when working. For a night out, she'll wear it down, but otherwise too much of a hassle.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:33 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times
When it is hot, my hair is up, off my neck. Usually a ponytail.

I generally wash every 3 or 4 days, maybe a little more in the summer.

My hair is about 3 inches above elbow length

Old 10-11-2013, 02:43 PM

Do you have any recommendation for it not to get ruined due to the heat/frequent wash/sun?

Old 10-11-2013, 02:44 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
I live in the South, where the humidity and heat are always in triple digits (it seems) during the summer; with hair to the top of my butt crack.

Only way to survive?

UPDO'S!!!!!!! I wear french braids, buns, pony tails, twists, etc.... till about this time of year for us, and then it starts to gradually go from buns to my back warmer, lol.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:03 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,375,612 times
When my hair was very long I wore up in a ponytail in the hot summer months. Make sure to use a good shampoo as well as a conditioner.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 AM

I use Klorane and it proved to be very good, but here the products are different from there.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 10,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
When my hair was very long I wore up in a ponytail in the hot summer months. Make sure to use a good shampoo as well as a conditioner.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. If you are going to wash your hair more frequently, make sure you take care of those quills! Constant washing will wash away vital nutrients your hair needs, leading to it being dry, brittle and more split ends.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:52 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I put olive oil in them overnight sometimes, wash them in the morning. Makes them less brittle.

Use a good conditioner if you have dry hair. I can't even brush mine if I don't use any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care