Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 10:10 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,543,002 times

Advertisements

I have naturally curly hair. I used a 1/2 inch curling iron to make ringlets before I went to bed.
Now they're pretty messy and of course a little frizzy. Any suggestions, aside from starting over??
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 06:19 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,568,571 times
next time, roll them up loosely in soft rollers before bed.

Otherwise, get a spray bottle and squirt a little water all over and then scrunch with your fingers. It won't come back to the smooth, even curl you had with the curling iron, but it will help pull things back together.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:48 AM

466 posts, read 578,564 times
I would never do it before bed! After shampooing my hair I towel dry then apply 4 drops of my Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil leave in treatment to the ends of my hair and gradually apply all the way up the shaft to approx ear level. I then use my blow dryer on a warm setting to finger dry my hair before using my super duper G3 Salon Pro hair styling iron to curl under my bangs and curl the rest of my hair. Because I have short hair it takes be approximately 30 minutes.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:52 PM

334 posts, read 535,587 times
Use a satin cap at night, or a satin pillowcase.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:19 PM

208 posts, read 256,759 times
I wash my hair at night. I cannot wait until the morning to wash it because of sweat from exercising and pollen. So it has to be done at night. After washing it, I just blot it dry with a towel. I do not put any products in it at that point. It's clean and I wouldn't want to get hair products on the pillowcase.

So, what i do: in the morning, I get up and re-wet my hair. It's clean, so doesn't need to be washed again. At that point, I put conditioner on it and then put gel in my hair while it's fairly wet. I scrunch up the hair and then loosely wrap everything in a towel, but just briefly. Just enough to blot the major water drips. Once the hair is blotted, I take off the towel and arrange it the way I want it and then let it air dry. Sometimes I use clips to pull the hair around my face straight. I have naturally curly hair but I prefer straight pieces near the face.

Using gel in wet hair (not damp) really works for me--my hair isn't frizzy. The key is WET hair. Sopping wet hair.

To tell you the truth, the more you work on your hair, the more you handle it and use implements on it, the frizzier it will be. The less I "touch" my hair, the better it looks.

I would never in a million years use a hair dryer on my hair. Major frizz.

Anti-frizz products, serums, creams, and so forth do not work on my hair. The only thing that works is gel applied to sopping wet hair.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:23 AM

4,711 posts, read 4,378,597 times
I am with Daisy but what I have been using lately - after many years of gel and mousse, is cheap conditioner. I put it in my wet hair and style. It stays pretty good throughout the day and does not frizz.
( I use regular cheap conditioner, not the leave in. sounds gross but it works )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care