Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 AM

10 posts, read 8,124 times

Advertisements

help! my hair is so dry and very frizzy all the regular shampoos don't really help and i tried vitamins and all that crap, anyone with a similar problem have a recommendation for me?? pleas help i have a date in two days and i want this to be at least a bit better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 10:17 AM

466 posts, read 576,930 times
Default Dry hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile705 View Post
help! my hair is so dry and very frizzy all the regular shampoos don't really help and i tried vitamins and all that crap, anyone with a similar problem have a recommendation for me?? pleas help i have a date in two days and i want this to be at least a bit better!
Mine got dry, frizzy at the ends and brittle only because I was exposed to radiotherapy after a cancer op. My hairdresser cut all my damaged hair off, roughly 1.5" all over and told me to get Pro Naturals a hair repair system and I have followed their regime since December 2014. I continue using it. Thankfully it has restored my hair to what it was before my 15 sessions of radiotherapy. I certainly hope it will help you also. Let me know if you have any more information you need.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:35 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,548,436 times
Quote:
Go to a salon for a deep conditioning treatment between now and your date. that will help short-term. My hair was drying out and I'm using a Joico intensive treatment now (bought at Ulta) and my hair is definitely improving but it's not an immediate fix.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:53 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,184,002 times
What's your hair type?

What type of conditioner do you use?

Do you color it?

Do you blow-dry it?

What kinds of product do you put in it, if any?

Old 08-17-2015, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin1313 View Post
Mine got dry, frizzy at the ends and brittle only because I was exposed to radiotherapy after a cancer op. My hairdresser cut all my damaged hair off, roughly 1.5" all over and told me to get ProNaturals a hair repair system and I have followed their regime since December 2014. I continue using it. Thankfully it has restored my hair to what it was before my 15 sessions of radiotherapy. I certainly hope it will help you also. Let me know if you have any more information you need.

thanks for your reply! and that must be hard... glad to hear you Ar healthy now

i am going to buy a shampoo like this ... btw can it be purchased online ? you have a link? do you mean Moroccan oil? or argon oil?

thanks!!

Old 08-17-2015, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
What's your hair type?

What type of conditioner do you use?

Do you color it?

Do you blow-dry it?

What kinds of product do you put in it, if any?

i don't color it , and i don't blow dry it. i have bin using many many types of conditioners lately,( Manley head and shoulders )

have a recommendation??
thanks!!

Old 08-17-2015, 01:33 AM

thanks

Old 08-17-2015, 10:07 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,725,734 times
Head and Shoulders can dry out your hair if you don't have oily hair.

Use a separate shampoo and conditioner, something moisturizing. I'm using Pantene's volumizing shampoo and conditioner right now and it's almost too moisturizing for my hair. And then use a leave-in product...I like Suave's Sleek cream, super affordable and it gets the job done. Use it on wet hair, comb though and let it dry, or use it very sparingly on dry hair.

Also, a flat iron is good for temporarily getting rid of the frizzy look. It will usually last until you wash your hair again, unless you sweat a lot. Use the flat iron on hair that is totally dry, and avoid going over the same pieces over and over. You don't need a super-expensive flat iron either.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:27 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,184,002 times
Depends a lot of your hair type, but H&S was be very drying. If you have to use it, only wash your scalp; the lather running down your hair will pick up any dirt and oil just fine without scrubbing it.

Another tick is condition-wash-condition: put conditioner on your hair from the ears on down (don't rinse), then wash your hair, rinse, and condition again.

If you have course hair, you could try co-washing, which is a type of conditioner that is used for washing your hair.

There are also dry oils for hair that you can put to replenish it.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 AM

466 posts, read 576,930 times
Quote:
thanks for your reply! and that must be hard... glad to hear you Ar healthy now

i am going to buy a shampoo like this ... btw can it be purchased online ? you have a link? do you mean Moroccan oil? or argon oil?

thanks!!
Definitely available online, pro-naturals.com and their argan oil is 100% Moroccan argan oil, I looked at the ingredients listed on the website. For me the $3 every 5 weeks is well worth it. I hope it sorts your hair out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care