Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 10:54 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times

Advertisements

Silica and biotin and that is just to have healthy hair shafts/follicles.

My scalp hair became stronger after six months using this liquid silica. Barber, wife, and mom noticed. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 11:06 AM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Biotin (capsule form) works wonders for me. Hair and nails significantly improved.
Preferably in the evening though, especially if you are taking Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) you do not want to take Biotin at the same time as ALA will in lamest term, nullify Biotin's benefits.

Imho, DiatomaceousEarth (DE) also does wonders for your hair, especially taken on an empty stomach in the morning mixed with a cold glass of water and a freshly squeezed lemon in it!

Other supplements I believe that do help with hair/skin/nails:
MSM
L-Cysteine HCL Monohydrate
Silica
Vitamin-C (pure powder form or in Calcium Ascorbate form)

The only herb that seem to help/work is He Shou Wu (Fo ti) which helps with covering gray hair too.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:08 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Preferably in the evening though, especially if you are taking Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) you do not want to take Biotin at the same time as ALA will in lamest term, nullify Biotin's benefits.

Imho, DiatomaceousEarth (DE) also does wonders for your hair, especially taken on an empty stomach in the morning mixed with a cold glass of water and a freshly squeezed lemon in it!

Other supplements I believe that do help with hair/skin/nails:
MSM
L-Cysteine HCL Monohydrate
Silica
Vitamin-C (pure powder form or in Calcium Ascorbate form)

The only herb that seem to help/work is He Shou Wu (Fo ti) which helps with covering gray hair too.

YOU take hair stuff???? I thought it is naturally so thick and a country specific trait to have so much hair.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:03 AM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
YOU take hair stuff???? I thought it is naturally so thick and a country specific trait to have so much hair.
Ha-hah, no, my hair is naturally thick (much like my head). If you think I have a lot of thick hair now, you should have seen me 10-15 years ago! Being hairy (a lot of body hair) is a common male trait in that part of the world much like certain central and south America regions but by no means it makes people (males mainly) immune to hair loss which some 85% of the men suffer from as early as beginning in their 20s. Then bad diet and constant stress usually seals the deal, if you catch my drift.

I am single, so, I really have no reason to smoke, drink or do drugs but I do experiment with supplements and (herbs, amino acids, minerals and vitamins) time-to-time.
I took the aforementioned supplements for other reasons.

Due to my heavy bag training, I need to support my knees and shoulders so besides Bone-up, I am taking MSM, L-Proline, Hydrolyzed Collage, Calcium Ascorbate, Betaine Anhydrous Trimethylglycine (TMG), Chondroitin Sulfate and D-Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium for my joints, which help immensely.

I have to admit most of the supplements are a hit-or-miss based on your body's chemical balance, needs and problems along with your diet and training.
It is an ongoing experiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care