Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 10:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,532,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
If this is your worst problem, check out what is going on in Syria.
Yes, clearly, as Syria is a is a topic that frequently comes up on the "Hair Care" forum.

OP, my deal with my stylist (who I LOVE) right now is that when I started going to her, it was due to convenience. I selected the salon because it was on my route home from work, and had evening hours, so I could easily get my hair cut after work on nights I had late meetings, which was a problem, otherwise. This was in 2009. After a couple of years at that salon, she confided in me that the writing was on the wall that the salon with in trouble, and would possibly be closing or moving due to a dispute with the landlord their lease was with. She said she had feelers out for another job at another salon, and wanted to give me the head's up, if I wanted to follow, but no pressure. Well, the salon did indeed close its doors, and I followed her to her new salon. Which was about 10 miles in the opposite direction.

Flash forward a few years, and I moved to another part of the metro, got engaged, got married, and moved again to my husband's town, which is on the furthest west end of our bi-state metro, and she works in a suburb on the farthest east edge. At this point, I live about 30 miles from her salon. I still go to her, because we have a good relationship, she does a great job, and I really like her. But 30 miles is rough.

I have longer hair and my upkeep is relatively infrequent, compared to people with higher maintenance styles. If I required more upkeep, I'd probably have to switch stylists. When I first started going to her, I had blunt bangs that required trimming every couple of weeks. I would not have been able to swing that if we were as far apart as we are now. But at this point, it's still worth going 30 miles for a good haircut and/or occasional highlights a handful of times a year. She gets me in in a pinch as needed, she did my hair for my wedding, as well as my mom's, who was in from out of state's, hair, we're tight.

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 09-06-2015 at 10:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 10:03 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,569,676 times
OP, I've had the same problem! They always try to leave me with that generic "over 50 Bob". So now when they ask me what I want, I say "Not a Bob! I want it layered." Then I show them how short to do the top and what length I want it overall. It's worked so far, but I Do rotate between 3 different shops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care