Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:41 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,679,850 times

Advertisements

I know you don't want to cut it but......if you cut it so that it is mid-back length rather then lower back length you will still have long hair and you'll be able to get rid of some of the damage and allow for it to be more manageable overall. Argan Oil is great for quenching dry hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 08:46 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,661,245 times
I'm just wondering why you don't want to cut it. It's a lot of work and from your description (dry and unruly), it's not particularly attractive. Are you sure it's not time for a change?

Old 05-05-2016, 12:42 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,114,707 times
I don't want to cut it because I need long hair to look feminine. Not saying short hair can't be, just that since I'm tall and have a boyish shape, I need every feminine asset possible lol.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:55 PM

15,209 posts, read 10,238,419 times
You can still be feminine with your hair to your shoulders. I've seen so many women who hang on to their extremely long hair way past the time when it actually looks good. I've seen some with hair down to the butt in a long, skinny ponytail. What is the point of that?

If you refuse to cut it, go to a stylist who will do a keratin treatment and at least cut some of the dead ends off.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:44 PM

18,349 posts, read 18,966,033 times
it should be trimmed at least a few inches, it will still be long. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, hair with dry split straggly ends look terrible. you see many ladies with long hair and the last 5 inches give or take are so split, thin and damaged it looks as bad as the male version of the comb over. it isn't long it's just unhealthy looking. you will still be feminine if your hair is more healthy looking. you can look feminine even if yo were to cut it to your shoulder. you can wear earrings, lipstick and do lots of other things to pump up the feminine.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:48 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,661,245 times
If that's your concern, there are lots of ways to look feminine besides having hair down to your middle back. You should try cutting it to slightly below your shoulders with a few layers and asking about some deep conditioning treatments. It will lighten up your whole look.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:11 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,046,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I don't want to cut it because I need long hair to look feminine. Not saying short hair can't be, just that since I'm tall and have a boyish shape, I need every feminine asset possible lol.
Oh my goodness, you can do a shoulder length cut and look amazing!

You can also take an inch of and still have long hair.

And, women with short hair and beautiful dangly earrings are sexy, in my opinion.

You have loads of options.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:15 AM

706 posts, read 753,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm tall and very skinny but I like to have my hair longer. I tried it short before and hated it. Unfortunately, long hair on a long face isn't that great, either. My solution was to have my hairstylist cut layers into my hair. It's well past my collarbone now and still looks good because of the layers. If you have a stylist who is open to new techniques, you might try showing him/her these videos. I showed them to my stylist and she was able to recreate Stephen's technique fairly easily. My hair now looks better and tangles less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_qlv95q4aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdsfthh70qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHj0IXaSSI

Old 07-08-2016, 08:29 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,904,566 times
I like those layers alot! I'm going to see if my stylist can do that with my hair. So soft & pretty.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:34 AM

706 posts, read 753,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I like those layers alot! I'm going to see if my stylist can do that with my hair. So soft & pretty.
Me, too. I really like how my hair feels and looks when it has these layers in it. I just wish I had done it sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care