Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 06:43 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times

Advertisements

The other thing about the pods ... short of using multiple pods (which seems cumbersome) you can't control how much shampoo you use. So whether you have short hair or long hair, you get the same amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 07:08 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I just ordered a Babyliss travel hair dryer.
I love my Babyliss travel hair dryer. So much so, that I use it at home, too!

Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Most hotels have hair dryers in the room. Bring a pair of cheap foam earplugs and you can mask the noise. It's a lot more minimalist to bring a set of earplugs versus bringing a hair dryer. Especially since every room has one.

If you are staying at someone's house, ask ahead of they have a hair dryer before packing it.
I certainly know about hotel hair dryers. I already know there will be no hair dryers in two of the places I am going.

I like my little red hair dryer. I used it yesterday. It'll do.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:37 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What is the benefit to multiple pods over one refillable 2 oz. bottle?
None. But I lose little bottles. And I won't have to stuff my cosmetic bag with a sample size shampoo.

If I don't like using the pods, I'll do something else after I use up the pods.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:18 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,547 times
Quote:
Seems like a lot of unnecessary packaging. I'd rather use the small refillable travel sized bottles. No waste, and it's a lot cheaper than $1 per use.
I don't really travel, but that's another benefit of using baking soda to wash my hair - it's cheap and available anywhere, and I could easily just put some in a bag and last a long time...

Old 05-08-2017, 05:21 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Yeah, I'm also a minimalist when traveling. As far as toiletries go, I just bring a comb, toothbrush and toothpaste, a small moisturizer. That's it.

I can't imagine packing all kinds of beauty paraphernalia when traveling, nor do I want to. I seldom dry my hair at home as it is. I just wash and go. Heck, I don't even carry a handbag anymore.
Gosh, I take so much with me, compared to you!

Old 05-08-2017, 05:25 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,062,725 times
Quote:
What is the benefit to multiple pods over one refillable 2 oz. bottle?
That's what I was thinking, too. In the UK, they do loads of 'travel size' toiletries, so I just buy small bottles of shampoo and conditioner.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
They do in the U.S., too.

I did once buy small, reusable travel sized bottles, at the urging of my husband, and just filled them from my full-size bottles of product at home. Storing them when not traveling took up valuable real estate, though, so I went back to just purchasing small sizes upon reaching my destination.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:20 PM

372 posts, read 534,004 times
I have some simple basics that I absolutely LOVE and a ready-to-go travel kit.

These pods are interesting and handy, but I care more for content than convenience.

Everything is pretty much streamlined these days, including makeup.

Trying to get rid of things so my kinds won't have to.

Even if it's 40 years from now, lol.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:25 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I have a fairly large cosmetic bag with mesh pockets and a hanger. It zips all around after you fold it up. I keep it filled so that it's always ready.

It has a shower cap, ear plugs, folding toothbrush, travel size tube of toothpaste, travel size face cream, refillable little containers of shampoo and conditioner, travel size styling gel--a LIFE SAVER, a small see-through zip bag for make up if I need to use any, a few band aids, emery board, nail clippers, and a sleep mask. Probably a few other things too. I keep a list of contents on a piece of paper that stays in the bag. That way I can check when I get home from a trip and see if anything needs replacing.

The travel bag unzips so that you can open it up and lay it flat in your suitcase so it doesn't take up that much space. I usually take a dual voltage travel dryer in case the motel doesn't have one. That's my system for camping, trips to friends' houses, and international travel. Works for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care