Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 03:08 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,938,692 times

Advertisements

I have had bangs for over 5 decades! I wish I could go without them because my forehead has no wrinkles and my face actually looks younger with them pulled back but I think my forehead is too big so I'm just more comfortable with them.

I've tried at times growing them longer so the hair would just kind of drape off to the sides (not wanting a part down the middle and hair strictly on each side look) but I think all of us know what that growing out period is like so when it starts bothering me I chop away. So the bangs unfortunately will stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 01:09 PM

22,839 posts, read 6,435,820 times
I love bangs, long or short...but always have them.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:28 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My mom cut my hair with bangs until she graduated me to the hair dresser.

I only have a two-head, not a four or five-head, so bangs were the worst possible look for me.

I've just about forgiven Mom.
What does the bolded mean? I've never heard those terms.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:23 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You've never heard those terms because they are made up by people who don't understand the difference between a forehead and a four head. My niece taught me that. She thinks her forehead is too large, so she calls it a five head. Ridiculous! So a two head would be a small forehead and a three head would be a bit bigger and so on.

It's just ignorance. And pretty funny when you think about it.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:46 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I heard actress Sarah Ramos make a joke about having a five head while listening to the Gilmore guys podcast, which I think was just a play on words to express that her FOREhead was taller than average.

In my case, I was sort of imagining how many fingers you can put (sideways) above your eyebrows and below your hairline, but I hadn't actually done it. I've now performed my extremely scientific test and determined that I have a three-head.

Bangs look really bad on me with my short forehead and wavy-curly very thick hair.

Vrexy, it's just a joke, not ignorance. I guess I succeeded since you thought it was funny!

Old 06-21-2018, 05:14 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,601,408 times
Last time I got bangs, I regretted it instantly. My idea, not my stylist's, but it was change for the sake of change, and it just didn't work for me. After that, I bought some natural hair clip-in bangs and dyed it to match my color exactly, had my stylist trim them to fit my face properly. I don't wear them often, but if I have a hankering for bangs, I've got them without commitment.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:43 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I heard actress Sarah Ramos make a joke about having a five head while listening to the Gilmore guys podcast, which I think was just a play on words to express that her FOREhead was taller than average.

In my case, I was sort of imagining how many fingers you can put (sideways) above your eyebrows and below your hairline, but I hadn't actually done it. I've now performed my extremely scientific test and determined that I have a three-head.

Bangs look really bad on me with my short forehead and wavy-curly very thick hair.

Vrexy, it's just a joke, not ignorance. I guess I succeeded since you thought it was funny!
On my niece's part, it was ignorance. Sorry - I didn't mean on your part, since I don't know you. My niece seriously thinks she has a five head. I found out when I asked her why she always cut the top part off of her head on her facebook pictures. It was because she has a "five head" and she hates it that her forehead is too big. (It isn't. She's beautiful, but doesn't realize it.)

Old 06-21-2018, 06:20 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Oh no I dont suit a fringe at all.. it makes my eyes look older and Im far better with it brushed off my face.. I have strange hair anyway , a bit wavy and doesnt look good with a fringe, never did..

Old 06-22-2018, 12:13 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
When I was a little kid, I had bangs.

When I was a teenager, I was all about the straight down the middle, long hair. Somewhere in my 30's I went back to having bangs, and still have bangs now, and I'm 60.

I also have wavy/curly hair. (Wavy in some places, curly in other places on my head.) I find that if I brush my hair when it's wet enough, the bangs behave as I'd like them to.

And I think maybe I don't have forehead wrinkles BECAUSE I've worn bangs most of my life.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:36 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
I have a chin-length layered bob, so I'm not sure how I'd go without a fringe. It's a casual style and makes me look more youthful than I really am, and looking younger is never a bad thing for someone my age!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care