Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 05:19 PM

1,936 posts, read 700,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdarocks View Post
I will be 50 very very soon. I always disliked my hair, but I think it's about finding a good stylist. Mine is young and has all the tattoos and piercings, but she also makes my aging hair look ok. I hadn't had my hair touched since February and the attached is just the other day after I went to see her.
Wow - that's very youthful looking hair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 05:33 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
Wow - that's very youthful looking hair!
Agree. It looks like a professional marketing photo from a salon.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:00 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,161,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Agree. It looks like a professional marketing photo from a salon.

My stylist would love to hear that My daughter is very happy she has inherited my soft, shiny hair. I remember being a teenager in school and having one of the hall monitors reach out and touch my head one day. "I've always wanted to do that" she said. Another time one of my teachers asked me what shampoo I used to get my hair so glossy. It was just whatever cheap stuff my mum bought.

I look youthful in general and apparently my body thinks so too. My oldest is heading off to grad school after 6 years of undergrad, and my youngest just turned 5

Old 01-20-2021, 11:34 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,101,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, I’ll play.

I had a mastectomy last year. I promised myself that if I didn’t have chemo and lose my hair, I would let it grow and color it, so that’s what I’m doing. I guess you could say, I’m paying attention to my hair and not taking it for granted anymore.

I might just turn hippie in my old age.
I had chemo in 2013/14 and I've been growing my hair ever since. It's really quite long now and i color it pretty regularly and I'll be 50 in 6 weeks!

Old 01-22-2021, 05:38 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
I used to worry if my hair style was age appropriate, preferring well below shoulder length hair, which was a misnomer since I had my hair dyed strawberry blonde which was not age appropriate. All women my age, over 60, have at least some gray and/or white hair.

i quit dying my hair (hallelujah) when covid started and when it has grown out to the length i like that is what it will be. I am loving the gray, white, brown, blonde natural colors. my hair style will be age appropriate whatever style i choose in the future!

Last edited by texan2yankee; 01-22-2021 at 05:48 PM..

Old 02-25-2021, 01:32 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
I would hope that at our age we don't need anyone telling us what is "appropriate". I've had friends that say that once you've become a certain age you can't have long hair. I'll be 56 in a couple weeks (past that age they spoke of) and I still prefer long hair on me.

I do from time to time cut it closer to my shoulders and I'm thinking I might do that for spring just to change things up a bit especially since this past year has been pretty lackluster due to covid. Thinking I might go with a beachy wave bob that comes right below my shoulders in the front with it a little shorter in the back. If people think it's a young style I really don't care. The only thing that's keeping me from grabbing the scissors right now is that I still like it long enough to put in a side braid or to be able to pull it up.

As for bangs...I really wish I could grow mine out because I actually look a lot younger with them pulled aside (no wrinkles there :-) ). But I think my forehead looks big so I will just stick with them. I might try to let them grow a bit longer so they can be brushed more to the sides but still cover some of my forehead. But the "growing longer" stage is always difficult for me. I might have to have my husband hide the scissors from me if I decide to do that.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:06 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
I am 65 and like a super simple style. Bangs, blunt cut. Shoulder length - just enough to put into stubby pony tail, blonde highlights.

Old 05-01-2021, 04:53 AM

4,934 posts, read 3,309,602 times
I am 61 mostly silver hair. I cut my own hair. Learned via youtube tutorials. Mid april was my most recent diy cut, slightly free from shoulders and at this length bit more waves, curls.
I find it opens lifts face a bit above shoulders plus easier. Just shampoo , comb and brush for shiny and sometimes bit of pure shea butter with a drop of sweet orange essential oil. Air dry it.

Old 05-23-2021, 12:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 411,296 times
Since the pandemic started I've been using Wahl barber clippers on my hair and doing my own haircuts. They're not perfect but they're cute enough that people ask me who does my hair. LOL!

Old 05-23-2021, 10:37 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
I dont really get hairstyles for a certain age... I think its to do with the persons face shape and hair texture more than age.. although hair does get thinner generally so best to keep away from longer hairstyles, however I would never have a flat hairdo as I dont think it flatters most faces as they age..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care