Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,361,984 times

Advertisements

Short hair has become the fashion for lazy American women.

They call it a cute name such as "low maintenance".

All in all, it is the ever expanding excuse to be more and more lazy about their looks.

American women are trying so hard to be like men that many forgot they really are women and forgot to appreciate the beauty in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 03:35 AM

16 posts, read 57,536 times
Default Re: At what age should you stop with the long hair?

Maximum 40 years. I have 45 years age but till now i never stopped them. I like to grow up them.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,412,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithey View Post
I have no idea where the crap came from that someone over 30 should have shorter hair. Maybe we should all trade in our jeans for high wasted elastic pants, get some canvas granny shoes, and start wearing t-shirts with iron on cat prints too!!!

Get a hair cut that looks good on you. If its long then so be it!! If you want to try a bob then do it!! I personally think shorter hair makes people look older. I feel that I have plenty of time for short hair when im 60 or 80 and it starts to thin. lol.
OMG....I couldn't have said it better myself.....LOL.
And, I agree with the notion to get the hair cut shorter, if it thins.
"Elastic pants", "Canvas granny shoes" and "t-shirts with ironed on cat prints" and may I add a "purple hued short hairstyle" ........ROTFL......you have NO IDEA on just HOW MUCH you hit the nail on the head with this one !!! LOL

Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,627,703 times
The best is to have a choice! My hair is to my shoulders, if I want it long I do my own hair extentions once in a while. Have been doing this for a long time!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:42 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,247,369 times
I always wore mine really short but then 2 yrs ago for some strange reason I decided to grow it out. It is about shoulder length now after a trim from hell or it would have been longer. I like that if I don't feel like doing anything I can just put it in a ponytail but with short hair it needs to be fixed. There are days I want to get it cut short again but my hubby likes it long. So for now I will keep it long. I think you should have your hair however you want it, and don't worry about what others say or think.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:08 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,701,489 times
Honestly, I think it has to do more with how it's styled, what condition the hair is in and the volume. No one looks good with long, thin hair. Period.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:56 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,591,505 times
After we got our son, I cut all my hair off, just because I didn`t think I would have time to fool with it anymore, and I guess also to "fit the Mom image."
It did not suit me. I didn`t feel attractive or sexy.
Meh. I don`t think there is a certain age that you have to cut your hair off. I`m 41, and mine is half way down my back.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:32 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,465,656 times
I also cut my hair after my son was born - I could not take him pulling my hair any longer - big mistake - I looked like everyone else around me - boring soccer Mom bob -

I find long hair easier to style - you can just braid it or put in in a pontail at night and wake up with waves or instant volume - most shorter hair has to be fooled with in the morning.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:01 PM

240 posts, read 1,287,165 times
Thank you for all the responses. I have an appt next week for a hair cut. I am going to get it cut but not too short. I am just going to go for something that suits me and my lifestyle.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 PM

485 posts, read 1,835,544 times
Sarah Palin is a perfect example of a middle aged women who still tries to look like a ex hippie. She should cut her hair just like Hillary Clinton did in the early 1990s when she burst into the political scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care