Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 08:51 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,948,569 times

Advertisements

OK - I usually go to the salon, but I had no time, I was going on vacation and I grabbed a bottle of Garnier (like I had done some times in the past with success). I picked a color not too different than my own, but it went terribly wrong. Too red (the color was not red), the roots didn't take right, the ends are too dark..... UGH.

My question is this - how soon can I go to a salon and say "Hi please fix this! "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 AM

631 posts, read 1,885,662 times
I would go as soon as possible. I've done the same thing only with a highlighting kit and as soon as my hair dryed I called the salon. It was really bad. I looked like a tye-dyed canary. Took the stylist over 5 hours but they fixed it and saved my hair. If you want to try to reduce the color at home you can wash with Tide (laundry soap). Its harsh but does help wash the color out. Just be sure to condition well. Good Luck.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,953,253 times
PRELL PRELL PRELL!! I did the same thing and called my hairdresser at home, she said use Prell a couple of times to STRIP out what can be removed then be at her shop 8:00 am the next am. She lightened and toned and came out beautifully (I went too dark...Elvis Black by mistake) don't condition until you can get to a shop...it will seal the cuticle on the hair and the color won't come out. Yes, you'll have straw on your head, but will make repairing easier.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,640,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
I would go as soon as possible. I've done the same thing only with a highlighting kit and as soon as my hair dryed I called the salon. It was really bad. I looked like a tye-dyed canary. Took the stylist over 5 hours but they fixed it and saved my hair. If you want to try to reduce the color at home you can wash with Tide (laundry soap). Its harsh but does help wash the color out. Just be sure to condition well. Good Luck.

LOL Ohhh hahahahha... "tye-died canary" - I totally got a visual of this! Been there myself too!!! LOL

Old 08-01-2009, 01:24 AM

182 posts, read 647,128 times
color fix. Removes hair color by shrinking dye particles (temporarily). You can wash it out and start again, and it doesn't damage hair like bleaching out color does. Just a couple warnings 1)right after you first use it, your hair will have a really weird texture, like its suddenly become very stretchy. Be very gentle with your hair, after its dried and well moisturized, hair returns to its natural texture. 2) It strips out all dye. So the hair color you will eventually end up with is not your virgin hair color. It is typically a yellow or orange color. Afterward, you just add another dye to get the color back to what you want. 3) you won't see the dye washing out. even though it looks like nothing is happening, rinse your hair out really well, for at least 10 minutes.

I've used color fix to remove black dye (awful, don't know what i was thinking). It returned my hair to a lemony yellow, and i was able to dye back to a medium brown, no problem

Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
Your ends are damaged. Take the color out with a hot oil treatment. Do not fear, red fades fast. But I would pull out the color with the hot oil instead of shampoo. You can use a clarifying shampoo on the whole head and a deep moisture conditioner all over.

There was this one brand of dye, hydriance (sp?) that came with a "filler" in the box to help avoid that end sucking up too much dye problem.

Use heat styling this week too as it pulls color out of your hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care