U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Sarah Palin's hairstyle is:
Very Pretty and Professional 51 67.11%
Very Attractive but not professional for a Vice President 15 19.74%
Way to long for someone her age 6 7.89%
Way to long for any age, CUT IT NOW! 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM

485 posts, read 720,649 times

Advertisements

Women should have whatever hair length they want no matter what their age or their profession. Sarah Palin's hair always looks professional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
NCN

14,087 posts, read 12,347,600 times
Could you maybe take her more seriously if she were a man?
Could you maybe take her more seriously if she was for murdering babies?
Could you maybe take her more seriously if she were not a Christian.
Don't look now, but your prejudice is showing!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:23 AM

2,268 posts, read 5,563,002 times
These same feminazis that are always preaching womans rights are now the ones attacking her. Aparently, the feminists now think her place is at home in the kitchen, taking care of her babies.

Shallow...

Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,776,974 times
Anyone who calls any other person "stupid" should lake a real good hard look at themselves first. I've found that when a person resorts to name calling they are really not the sharpest knife in the drawer themselves.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 AM

562 posts, read 1,414,742 times
Sarah Palin's hair should not matter, and I think Luke's comment was very insightful. However, IMHO, her hair looks a bit dated, which works against her. I am not sure what would be best, but the reality is that she is a woman in the spotlight and she should look of the moment and feminine.

There is a newscaster, Maggie something, with a really great feminine brunette hairstyle. Smart voters will not care about the swishy bangs or upswept poufs on Palins head, but it never hurts for a woman to look well styled. I predict Palin will keep her look for the campaign and update if she and McCain win. If she changes now she risks looking like a fickle and indecisive woman.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 PM

1,318 posts, read 2,506,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Anyone who calls any other person "stupid" should lake a real good hard look at themselves first. I've found that when a person resorts to name calling they are really not the sharpest knife in the drawer themselves.
Just curious, but since when did calling someone stupid become taboo? It's not nice, but it's not a racial or cultural slur. I could see if people referred to her as retarted, as the old connotation of the word referred to a person with serious mental limitations, but I don't really understand why referring to someone as stupid gets people so upset. What's the PC word for stupid?

Are people really judging someone's ability based on their hairstyle?

Last edited by anadyr21; 10-03-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: staying on topic

Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 PM

8,424 posts, read 24,256,368 times
Anyway....It looks as if her hair has been down sized (debate -do) but wtf is with the topsy tail in the back...Come on...

She has really thick hair and its so pretty. She does need a really good cut to open up her face. Its looking texas pagent mom hair....Not VP

You can be short and not be "butch"
It has to do with the make-up clothing and styling of the short hair.
None of that = boyish look

But she would look stupid with short hair. Her head is too big.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:37 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,648,260 times
She looks great. Too bad she's not as hot as Refugee's cosmetically re-vamped wife and beautiful neighbor, of course.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:43 PM

8,182 posts, read 11,425,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
Just curious, but since when did calling someone stupid become taboo? It's not nice, but it's not a racial or cultural slur. I could see if people referred to her as retarted, as the old connotation of the word referred to a person with serious mental limitations, but I don't really understand why referring to someone as stupid gets people so upset. What's the PC word for stupid?

The point was, resorting to calling someone "stupid" shows what kind of person you are. It's not the word. Using in this manner is juvenile.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:50 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,648,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post

What's retarted? Someone who eats Sweet Tarts over and over again?

I like Sweet Tarts. I must be retarted too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care