Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 06:43 PM

392 posts, read 1,546,959 times

Advertisements

I don't usually enjoy getting my hair cut, but when I do, I go to one of the chain stores. While they usually do a good job cutting my hair, I often find myself missing some of the things previous barbers used to do.

For example, when I was young, my barber used to have a vacuum cleaner system under the counter. He would use the vacuum to catch the hairs when he trimmed the neck and sideburns. When he finished, he would vacuum your hair and clothes so no hair would go down your shirt. The nozzle had a soft, toothed attachment and the vacuuming somehow felt good.

Later, I came across a barber that only seemed to know how to cut hair one way, short. Every time I visited him, I would ask him not to cut it too short, but he would always give me a very short cut anyway. However, I still liked him because he always finished the cut with a hot towel, followed by a warm, straight edge shave on my neck and sideburns. Finally, he would give a quick head and shoulder massage with some type of vibrating massage machine. He was cheap too!

Of course, they both had great hair tonic.

Does anybody have a favorite barber with an extra side service that makes the haircut something to look forward to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 05:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,741 times
sure do: ask your barber to use the Comfort minicape, it stops all hair from going down the neck, giving you a great haircut experience whether the barber cuts you short or long!

Comfort Mini Cape

Old 02-16-2011, 05:34 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,450,195 times
My son (who is a barber) arches my eyebrows with a straight razor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care