Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,749,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Mane 'n Tail Shampoo ...it's a horse shampoo for their mane and tail and it's safe for human hair. Retail stores sell it but I don't know if it's the same formula as the equine stores. My daughter used it and she bought it at the Tractor Supply Store. Check it out at Amazon or Google it.

I knew a friend who used that,I think they sell it at Wal-mart here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 05:12 PM

182 posts, read 645,697 times
Conditioner only. I know it sounds a bit weird at first, but there are sites that explain exactly how to use it (like the forums at longhaircommunity.com). truly makes a difference, lessens shedding

Old 11-25-2008, 05:47 PM

948 posts, read 3,346,531 times
Default I would avoid sls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
That would be sodium laurel sulfate, it is one of the main ingredients in most shampoos except higher end/natural products.

Everything I've read has said that it actually strips hair's natural oils and is too harsh on hair. It's supposed to be a very cheap soap so that is why it is widely used.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:55 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,177,342 times
I always liked using Nexus Diametress when I wanted to get my hair to feel fuller.

Hair Strength, Hair Thickening Shampoo & Nexxus Diametress Shampoo : Nexxus

Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 AM

17,465 posts, read 38,886,587 times
I recently tried going the "no shampoo" route, using only the baking soda; but with my long hair it just wasn't working out for me. The concession I made was to go back to using mild shampoo, but only a TINY bit - I have longish hair, and I put about a quarter size dollop in my palm and work that into my roots only. Then I wash out, and make a vinegar rinse - usually about 1/4 cup vinegar and the rest of a two-cup container with water. Pour over hair, leave in a couple minutes then a quick rinse-out with cool or cold water. You can use either white or cider vinegar; I like the white because I am 50% gray. Also, I think there is less vinegar smell with the white (you won't smell it afterward)

Unbelievably, my hair comes out thicker, shinier and less tangled, and I hardly ever lose any hairs - maybe 3 o4 four at the most. Try it, you might be surprised.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:25 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,400,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I recently tried going the "no shampoo" route, using only the baking soda; but with my long hair it just wasn't working out for me. The concession I made was to go back to using mild shampoo, but only a TINY bit - I have longish hair, and I put about a quarter size dollop in my palm and work that into my roots only. Then I wash out, and make a vinegar rinse - usually about 1/4 cup vinegar and the rest of a two-cup container with water. Pour over hair, leave in a couple minutes then a quick rinse-out with cool or cold water. You can use either white or cider vinegar; I like the white because I am 50% gray. Also, I think there is less vinegar smell with the white (you won't smell it afterward)

Unbelievably, my hair comes out thicker, shinier and less tangled, and I hardly ever lose any hairs - maybe 3 o4 four at the most. Try it, you might be surprised.
Wow, I never heard of a vinegar rinse. I KNOW I'm losing a lot more than 3 or 4 hairs I'm wondering though because I color my hair if this would strip the color out

Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,371,408 times
I simply love Ojon products, I have fine hair, but a LOT of it. Makes my hair full and soft.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:36 PM

28 posts, read 84,477 times
Try Hair One shampoo from Sally's Beauty Supply.......sulfate free and leaves your hair soft and healthy looking (don't recommend the one for dry hair it made my hair feel oily). I use the one for color treated hair with jojoba oil in it. Make sure you follow the directions on the bottle.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:34 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,768,861 times
Bumble and Bumble makes a wonderful thickening shampoo and also thickening conditioner and a thickening spray. I've used all three and love them. I usually use the thickening spray on a day when I've opted for one of my other shampoos and conditioners.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 AM

4 posts, read 16,972 times
I started using Myhairway method and my hair is already pretty full
(I was taking it for my nails) but I would say it thickened about 30%? Noticable difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care