U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,325,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
But what about...

Sophia Loren
Annette Funicello
Elizabeth Taylor
Natalie Wood
Audrey Hepburn

LOL....This would be a good game....

Name a hot blonde
Name a hot brunette
No repeats!

LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,207,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Besides, the blonde/Blues are like going to a Ben and Jerrys or Cold Stone Ice Cream parlor and just ordering up plain vanilla instead of all the more exciting flavors available.
Ouch!

Old 12-09-2008, 02:07 PM

617 posts, read 1,866,716 times
I've always thought blue eyes looked so much sexier with dark hair. Blond never really appealed to me, except on my husband, of course.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Exotics are in.

Brunettes are far more diverse, sexier and exotic IMO.

You can see a Brunette and not know what country she is from or her racial make-up. She could be anything (Asian, Hispanic, Egyptian, White, Black, Eastern European, mixed..)

Blondes are almost always white, nothing wrong with that, but I think it is far less exotic.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:32 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,251,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
It use to be that the blond blue eyed women were considered the perfect ideal of beauty. But here in the Washington DC area, I see very few blonds anymore. In fact most women here have dark hair and darker skin. With all the talk about the glories of ethnic diversity, I am afraid just being White is considered out of date. Being multi racial is in, white is out. And with that thinking being blond haired and blue eyed is so 20th Century! Agree?
If you live in a city where the majority of people are not white, I guess you could come to that conclusion. But I think a natural blonde with blue eyes will always be in, no matter what. Political correctness also comes into play. Why is it so rare nowadays to see a blonde Miss America, or Miss USA, or especially Miss Universe. It's all about diversity.

Remember years ago, you actually saw black people with tight afros?...aka nappy hair. Why do almost all the black women today have straight hair? Caucasion influence. It's not even normal for people of negro decent to have straight hair. Why do so many black men shave their heads bald?

Old 12-09-2008, 02:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,310,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
It use to be that the blond blue eyed women were considered the perfect ideal of beauty.
Maybe someone who tips on the shallow side thought that. I can see someone preferring blond or brunette, but to think one is the ultimate because of that

Don't get me wrong, I'm as straight as they come, but very seldom has a blond--male or female--turned my head or caused me to double-take unless they were maybe dressed like {{{{LOOK AT ME WORLD!!!}}}}. My eyes tend to gravitate more toward the very alluring dark hair and light eyes. It's very enigmatic looking to me in both men and women. My sister used to dye her hair blond all her life but when she got in her 40s she started dying it dark brown and it looked great on her. I actually felt a twinge of jealousy toward her when she went brunette b'c she was so striking. It's just a matter of preference is all.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,150,856 times
I dunno about blonde-blue eyed women but I, myself, LOVE a blonde, blue-eyed man. If Simon Baker walked in right now it would be all over for me

Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 PM

1,796 posts, read 6,068,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Why do so many black men shave their heads bald?
Receding hairlines, and the deeper skin tone that lends a smooth glowing hue.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:43 PM

2,214 posts, read 4,995,171 times
Blonde hair and blue eyes if for suckers! pthhhhhbt. Who needs 'em?

hahahaha.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:58 PM

169 posts, read 937,717 times
I am a brunette myself, and I agree with one of the posters. I get mistaken for many different races........italian, hispanic, middle eastern, hawaiian. People kinda play the guessing game....I think natural Blonde hair and blue eyed women are beautiful, but now you have to share to spotlight with us...tehehehe

P.S. The only was a blonde will go out of style.......is if man becomes extinct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or