U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:24 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,153,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
I've always thought blue eyes looked so much sexier with dark hair. Blond never really appealed to me, except on my husband, of course.
I agree. But I come from a family where every one of us has blue eyes.
My brothers and I were all towheads (dishwater blond now.)
I think there was a period of time where being a blond really was considered extra special, but that's in the past now--as it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 AM

2,015 posts, read 4,898,363 times
I'm certain the demographics in D.C. are a lot different compared to that of Hollywood. Most of my ex-gfs were blondes, I do prefer blondes and sure we had a lot of fun but when your looking to settle down it's more than just looks, rather a good blend of inner and outer beauty, with precedence on the inner beauty in my opinion.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:11 AM

603 posts, read 2,052,279 times
I still think blondes get noticed quicker in a bar but the hot celebs often have a multi-cultural look. Think J Lo, Kim Kardashian, even Angelina Jolie-she's not interracial but her family is and that makes her look more interesting to the general public.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:02 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,155,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
As someone else mentioned, I think society is just more accepting of diversity, it doesn't mean blonde haired, blue eyes woman are now considered UNattractive or old fashioned. There's plenty of blonde celebrities out there who are considered beautiful and some even still dye their hair blonde.

I know quite a few people that I would think are prettier if they wouldn't dye their hair blonde.

On most it's so obvious.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 AM

603 posts, read 2,052,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
I am a brunette myself, and I agree with one of the posters. I get mistaken for many different races........italian, hispanic, middle eastern, hawaiian. People kinda play the guessing game....I think natural Blonde hair and blue eyed women are beautiful, but now you have to share to spotlight with us...tehehehe

P.S. The only was a blonde will go out of style.......is if man becomes extinct!

I am brunette but was I blonde in my younger years (not naturally blonde, though-the upkeep was too expensive so I decided to go natural). Having had both hair colors, I think most men do seem to prefer blondes even though I personally think I look better as a brunette. I'm hoping it will change, though-that brunettes and more ethnic-looking people will become even more appealing. The blondes have had the spotlight for so long!!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 AM

898 posts, read 1,242,443 times
Hair and eyes don't matter if the rest of the package sucks. The truth of the matter is that, as American and European societies are becoming more diverse, advertisers are finally realizing that it's not just what pleases old white men that sells products any more.
The sad thing is that we, the brown people, still prefer lighter skin and eyes when they come in the right package. I was reading a black men's magazine the other day and they had their top 100 models based on the sales of the issue each woman modeled in. The closer you got to the top of the list, the lighter the skin of the women got and Ice-T's wife (who is white) was in the top five. The number one model was black but she was the only black woman in the top ten. But I'm sure this too will change as the "races" continue to mix more.
I'm enjoying the new trend since I've always preffered dark skin and nice asses as opposed to white skin and boobs.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:20 AM

3,567 posts, read 7,514,355 times
They were never the ideal. Blonde women with blue eyes are incredibly rare; most Caucasians have darker hair and darker eyes.

I think the concept was dreamt up as a figure of hatred, and self-hatred to compare against, by others.

The truth is that dark hair and dark skin are overwhelmingly "common". Not ugly, not somehow "less", just common. Brown and black hair, brown eyes and dark skin, are overwhelmingly common on our planet. Anything that stands out is considered better because it's more rare, and this truth is repeated in all things from commodities to the economic law of scarcity.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:42 AM

617 posts, read 1,866,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I agree. But I come from a family where every one of us has blue eyes.
My brothers and I were all towheads (dishwater blond now.)
I think there was a period of time where being a blond really was considered extra special, but that's in the past now--as it should be.
That's hilarious!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 PM

22,770 posts, read 25,186,842 times
Blonde haired blue-eyed women are no longer in fashion?

Great! More for me.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:25 PM

898 posts, read 1,242,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Blonde haired blue-eyed women are no longer in fashion?

Great! More for me.
You can have 'em. There's only a handful worth drooling over anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or