U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,206,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
They were never the ideal. Blonde women with blue eyes are incredibly rare; most Caucasians have darker hair and darker eyes.
I don't know that I would say incredibly rare. I'm naturally blonde with light eyes, although my eyes are more green than blue. But, just counting off the top of my head, I know of at least 8 other women that are also naturally blonde with blue eyes. Of course, I live in a smaller southern city with lower diversity stats so that may play a role. But, around here blue eyed blondes are not rare at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 02:12 PM

144 posts, read 354,105 times
[quote=coldwine;6501119]They were never the ideal. Blonde women with blue eyes are incredibly rare; most Caucasians have darker hair and darker eyes.

* In response to Coldwine: I have natural blonde hair and blue eyes, as do my entire immediate family and some female cousins and aunts. I have one male cousin who has darker hair, but he still has blue eyes. Soooo........

I do think that people are looking at people as people more than what color hair, eyes and skintone they have and are maybe more accepting of personalities, but one shouldn't feel guilty for liking a certain look even if it doesn't seem "PC." And to me, many seem to have cast stones at Blondes in this thread, which I don't understand. I may be blonde, but I'm sure there are plenty of things I could be jealous of a brunette or a raven haired beauty about.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:18 PM

956 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
It use to be that the blond blue eyed women were considered the perfect ideal of beauty. But here in the Washington DC area, I see very few blonds anymore. In fact most women here have dark hair and darker skin. With all the talk about the glories of ethnic diversity, I am afraid just being White is considered out of date. Being multi racial is in, white is out. And with that thinking being blond haired and blue eyed is so 20th Century! Agree?
Nordics can be attractive or unattractive, as well as Alpines, Mediterraneans, or Slavics can be. In fact, there are very pretty girls who are a mixture of one, two, three, or even four European phenotypes. So then, I'd say pretty girls can be of any number of European phenotypes, regardless of their eye and hair color.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,466,511 times
[quote=FrozenSnow85;6505320]
Quote:
They were never the ideal. Blonde women with blue eyes are incredibly rare; most Caucasians have darker hair and darker eyes.

* In response to Coldwine: I have natural blonde hair and blue eyes, as do my entire immediate family and some female cousins and aunts. I have one male cousin who has darker hair, but he still has blue eyes. Soooo........

I do think that people are looking at people as people more than what color hair, eyes and skintone they have and are maybe more accepting of personalities, but one shouldn't feel guilty for liking a certain look even if it doesn't seem "PC." And to me, many seem to have cast stones at Blondes in this thread, which I don't understand. I may be blonde, but I'm sure there are plenty of things I could be jealous of a brunette or a raven haired beauty about.

Well said.

What a bizarre thread! And yet it keeps popping up so I had to come take a look....

I think there are amazingly good looking blonde/blue men AND women out there. And incredibly hot brunettes with brown eyes of both genders.

And, what, no mention of red-heads???

I also think homely and plain people come in all color combos.

Attractiveness is much, much more than coloring.

As a painter I'm intrigued by contrasts: blue eyes with black hair, blondes with brown eyes (they tan a nice buttery yellow-brown) and of course the red with green ( a true complimentary color scheme).

I also prefer slight asymmetry and some scars. Scars = great stories.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:33 PM

337 posts, read 1,360,050 times
I think naturally blonde haired women with blue eyes are the most beautiful. But that's just my opinion, I would never say it's ideal... There are so many beautiful darker women too!

Old 12-10-2008, 05:48 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,641,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Exotics are in.

Brunettes are far more diverse, sexier and exotic IMO.

You can see a Brunette and not know what country she is from or her racial make-up. She could be anything (Asian, Hispanic, Egyptian, White, Black, Eastern European, mixed..)

Blondes are almost always white, nothing wrong with that, but I think it is far less exotic.
Wait! Ru-Paul is blonde and exotic, no???

Old 12-10-2008, 06:26 PM

640 posts, read 1,513,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Exotics are in.

Brunettes are far more diverse, sexier and exotic IMO.

You can see a Brunette and not know what country she is from or her racial make-up. She could be anything (Asian, Hispanic, Egyptian, White, Black, Eastern European, mixed..)

Blondes are almost always white, nothing wrong with that, but I think it is far less exotic.
I think exotic is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm hispanic and I always get the "oh but you're exotic" thing. To me, I look plain. Meanwhile, I'm envying the green eyed red head thinking she is crazy hot and how I wish I looked like her. I have two friends who are Norwegian and Swedish and they look a bit different from American white women here. I can't explain it, but I could say that "exotic" could fit that description.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:39 PM

10,886 posts, read 9,662,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Besides, the blonde/Blues are like going to a Ben and Jerrys or Cold Stone Ice Cream parlor and just ordering up plain vanilla instead of all the more exciting flavors available.
Hmmm, as a light-skinned, blue-green eyed blonde, I disagree! With the vanilla, you get to add the exciting sprinkles, fudge sauce, cherries, etc! Darlin, nothin boring 'bout that!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:38 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
But what about...

Sophia Loren
Annette Funicello
Elizabeth Taylor
Natalie Wood
Audrey Hepburn

Exactly. There have always been an equal number of dark-haired beauties.
I'm a blonde myself, but I have always thought brunettes are much more attractive.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Blonde women with blue eyes are incredibly rare;
I'm rare, I'm rare!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or