U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 AM

41 posts, read 71,684 times

Advertisements

I went from a dyed black to blond
When blonding, hair could only go to the orange stage...so I put a blond toner on that....yikes Went to an unpresentable orange....
Sooo, I thought by then coloring it to black, this would be a quick fix...
Now, I have a greenish yellow tint to hair, and in front of face at the side burns, it went to a purpleish color........
How do I correct this problem ??
Very Upsetting !!!!!!! GRRRRRRRR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 08:54 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,447,977 times
Go to a salon for a color corection.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,151,232 times
Well, by becoming orange, you may have probably used the wrong product (or not enough blue activator, or not even using it at all!) or not left the product in long enough to drain it of color. A blonde toner made your hair brassy - hence the yellow.

Then following that, you still have chemical in your hair and scalp from the previous two sessions - adding the black created a bad mix.

How do you correct this problem? You can either:

** Go to a salon to get it fixed
** Get a wig and wait about a week or two to re-try it yourself (or have a salon fix it)

Though, with the burning of the scalp issue, my recommendation is to get a wig. Adding more chemicals at this point could cause you to go bald in spots.

But don't be ashamed. Not many people can bleach their hair successfully from darker colors.

Just a question: What are the names of the different products you used?

Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,447,977 times
Color can not lift color...moreso black. You will never be able to acheive blond (a good blonde) from a black dye on the hair. To acheive this you need to have your hair bleached and toned. Unless you really know what your doing, you would have to have this done by a pro. The fact that you have more then one color in result of doing what you did...your going to have to have different fillers put on it where the differnt colors are now...or you can (depending on the current condition of your hair/scalp) cont. the process of going blonde. Both should be done by a pro. If you want any hair left on your head...

Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 AM

181 posts, read 524,113 times
Definitely go to a salon whenever you change you color to anything other than your natural "range". You should do some serious conditioning treatments on yourself, and then make an appt. If your hair can handle it, the stylist could do a "bleach cap" to remove some of the color, and then you'll get a filler, and then a color. Both should be demi-permanent. Keep your hair in good condition, don't wash it every day, and then get gradual highlights (at a salon) to get yourself to a nice shade of blonde without killing your hair. If you can't afford regular salon visits, you should stay your natural color--or close to it.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,344,479 times
Well too for future reference color cal only lift so many "levels" of darkness. A level is like a square on the side of the box....

Do not even try to do anything at home at this point and tell the stylist what you put in your hair.
It didnt happen to be Feria did it?

I have went to platinum from dyed black myself. But it took a lot of process sessions to lift it.
(4) But you cant mix what I used with certain dyes. (feria is one of them)

They make this product called "color oops" that pulls the color out. Next time if you want to get the dark dye out check out that stuff and call the hotline to see if you can mix it with what you already have on your head.

Manic Panic makes a conditioning temp color in browns that you could put over the color mess.
It doesn't have any developer. I would deep conditioner first before using it so the color stays on evenly longer.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,151,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Color can not lift color...moreso black. You will never be able to acheive blond (a good blonde) from a black dye on the hair. To acheive this you need to have your hair bleached and toned. Unless you really know what your doing, you would have to have this done by a pro. The fact that you have more then one color in result of doing what you did...your going to have to have different fillers put on it where the differnt colors are now...or you can (depending on the current condition of your hair/scalp) cont. the process of going blonde. Both should be done by a pro. If you want any hair left on your head...
I think she was trying to cover up her mistake with the black - but left over chemicals and already damaged hair make it so that the color would not accept very well. I actually got that yellow-green color when I dyed a wig once.

But again, I will point out that she's already burned her scalp. I don't think they'll touch her hair for at least 48-72 hours. At least I wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Manic Panic makes a conditioning temp color in browns that you could put over the color mess.
It doesn't have any developer. I would deep conditioner first before using it so the color stays on evenly longer.
I hadn't thought of recommending Manic Panic hairdye. That's an excellent idea that may work. If anything else, there's also color sprays.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 AM

469 posts, read 1,632,406 times
you can always pull a britney and shave your head. . .and let your hair grow out again. it sounds like you screwed the pooch on this one. take no offense on what i'm about to type, but put the box of hair colorant down and leave dying/tinting the professionals.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:36 AM

5,077 posts, read 12,712,134 times
This is why we have professionals!!! LOL I used to have nearly black hair, did the same thing, went blonde - kept that look for awhile and Im back to very dark brown but, I let my professional do the hard work. The look I have now I can maintain on my own (just to keep costs down) but when it comes to making a drastic change, please leave it to your professional. they are trained in color correction, color and highlights.. and doing that kind of stuff on your own can really leave your hair damaged severely. Good luck though...

Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 AM

926 posts, read 2,401,330 times
oh man Im scared now lol. my hair is naturally very dark brown/black and Im coling it today a medium/light brown. I hope it works out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or